Just like the country show of the fifties, the Town of Tallangatta, threw a fantastic party of dancing & frivolity.
The party atmosphere started on the Sat, with the many up and coming Musso's playing their stuff, to thousands of eager on lookers
Then about 8pm, the "Speedsters" fired up in the little towns main hall, with a sell out crowd of about 200 rockers eager to burn the calories. The dance floor was jamb packed all night, it was like nobody was going to give in, finally some time after pumpkin time the "Speedsters" called the end.

Sunday;thousands of people walked the main street of Tallangatta, looking at the many stalls,of wares, bric a brac, food and the large array of classic cars & motorbikes. with an air of a country market.

The "Speedsters" opened up on the out door stage mid morning,the rockers who were casually sitting and hanging around the central part of the town took to the, might say, rather worse for wear out-door dance floor, if I didn't know better, I'd say this floor also was made in the fifties and had seen the test of time, but I am pretty sure chip board wasn't around then.

The fashion parade was something else, with some very elegant attire and some lovely young models, dressed in fifties gear, with all the strappings, down to the suit cases & the paper shopping bags.

The "Forever Everlies" then gave a rendition of the Everly Bros, with a full bracket of their music. Not the most danceable, this was obvious by the lack of dancers on the dance floor, but very nice music and probably typical of the Everly Bros.

The "Speesters" then took to the stage again and pumped out the beat of the R&R music, the old dance floor once again took a hammering, by now most of the many thousands of people who had been browsing the towns many stalls, had turned up to the main stage area to watch the dancers and get a bit of a feel for that rockin' fifties music.

The Tallangatta Fifties Festival lives, we had a great time, well worth the travel.