The very popular Swedish rockabilly band, the Go Getters, made another visit to Australia this month. I believe it's last tour in Australia was back in 2016 when the band played for Greazefest Brisbane followed a week later at Greazefest Melbourne as well as playing gigs in Sydney and at the Mustang Bar in Perth.

This time around, the band was invited to play for Cooly Rock 'n' Roll Festival which thrilled the large crowd with its special brand of high-octane rockabilly tunes and, of course, the stage performance from its effervescent stand-up drummer, vocal and chief song writer, Peter Sandberg. After Cooly, the band flew to Sydney for a special one-night show before flying the next day to Melbourne to perform at Sandown Park hotel as part of Kingpins Kustoms, Rats & Tatts Event.

The weather gods were kind last Sunday afternoon at the gig venue with no rain and generally fine weather. There were even patches of sunshine on the day which made it possible for a large contingent of Kustom cars, trucks and hotrods to display their highly prized vehicles.

Louis King & the Liars Klub, as the supporting band, kicked off the show with its repertoire of original rockin' blues tunes which were very popular with all the rock 'n' roll dancers. Next up the Go Getters, and Peter Sandberg certainly did not disappoint the crowd. He even dedicated to the dancers certain songs with slower danceable beats such as "Lets Fall In Love" along with playing many of its popular self-penned tunes such as "No Heart to Spare", "Welcome to My Hell" and "Brand New Cadillac". The band also took the opportunity to play a few "country rock" songs that were recorded in the early 2000 with Bob Thomas, a local Melbourne recording studio legend, who recently passed away. Dave Cantrell from the band Hank Jalopy Demons who took part in those recording in Melbourne was specially invited to join the band on stage playing his pedal steel guitar.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable afternoon listening and dancing to two great bands at Sandown Park hotel. The added bonus for the afternoon was spent looking at all the Kustom cars and hotrods on display at the venue. Here are some videos I recorded of both bands on the day.......