03-04-2024 06:30 PM
0 Replies
Top night out ..The...
Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Mulwala 4 day dance festival

Woo Woo Dancing in the bush all weekend.
    There was some outstanding music played at Mulwala last weekend, starting on the evening of the 26th, these long weekend specials are a fantastic opportunity, for rockers to soak up some of their much loved music, from some of the most outstanding bands who also relish this music.

Mulwala RSL once again hosted, what I’d call a mini festival, starting with a local entertainer Rod Vincent, on the Thursday evening, not sure how this went, had to keep the wolf from the door, but on all accounts people said it was good, Friday “Jump & Jive” and “Itchy fingers”, played the night away with some fantastic Rockabilly and a little R&R. The Bands had separate dance floors in separate rooms, we had a fantastic time and am sure everybody else did too, the dance floors were not overly crowded, as the club had recently increased the size of the floor in their Anzac room by I estimate 3-4 times their old original one. This new synthetic floor is a little slow, not so good on the knees especially if you wear composite soles on your dance shoes. Still it’s not too bad for some normal old run of the mill dancing.

Saturday had a small change from the previous festival earlier this year, Itchy played the arvo from 12pm-4pm still loads of people dancing the afternoon away, and having a whale of a time, later that evening a very strategic move by my account only, the club was probably oblivious to what they had done, Itchy was replace by the magical “Fender Benders” and “Jump & Jive" remained as the status quo.

Now it’s only been a little while (2 or 3 months)since we’ve been to the Fenders, and it’s always a treat, cus we just love em and after Saturday night, is it any wonder they are one of the most sought after bands, with a new line up of songs at almost every encounter and always bl**y fantastic danceable songs, love it, love it, love it, anybody thinking of going to see these guys, don’t just think about it, GO!! James Terry & Fred, lovely guys, they style their music expressly for you, and will test your dancing stamina no doubt.There's nothing boring where "Fender Benders" are concerned and you'll never know and probably never guess what they'll play next.

DJ Jeff Poole and his lovely chick Sue entertained us across the 3 days throughout the breaks and during the Hrs of no band activity with a great line-up of R&R, Rockabilly, Country and of course a little line dance music.

There were a couple of era clothing stalls to choose from, with some really nice gear available for sale. There was also the raffle for a full blown operating Duke box. Not sure who won this but we certainly didn’t, there were also a few workshops dotted throughout the programmes to allow those in need to maybe catch up on a few new stylish moves, or just to learn how to dance.

Not many cars to talk about ,I figure on the Sunday a grand total of 4, hopefully the club gets its act into gear on this front, I figure the club would only have to approach the car clubs in the local area to see a myriad of classics, hotrods and vintage turn up for the viewing.

The Sunday afternoon was an Elvis tribute by “All the Kings Men” fantastic entertainment with some brilliant renditions of Elvis.

Keep your ear to the bush telegraph another one of these extravaganzas coming up around January or so, nice place Mulwala, plenty to see and do, it’s got a bit of history too.

Fender Benders in full flight
    Last edited by gjo267; 31-07-2012 at 05:25 AM.
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !

Wink Re: Mulwala 4 day dance festival

very good write up gjo267 and great photography by his lovely wife,weekend was the best good company great music,I hope it continues they will get it write with a bit of help but did much better this time,Giving Barham a run for their money they might have to have another look at their artist. Good on you Club Mulwala

Re: Mulwala 4 day dance festival

Well reported as always gjo and the videos make it all the more impressive. We couldn't make it unfortunately, but you've made it sound attractive for next time. Maybe see you at Pyalong.

I'm not sure what Miss Molly was saying, but it sort of followed the same 'logic' as her first post. I personally don't see the point in criticizing a venue without offering something constructive, but ...
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Another great story gjo267 how do you find out about all these great sounding dances. I like the videos too.

Nice report again gjo267, and great videos as well. Must go next year .....

Sorry I missed it as I didn't know anything about it until the week before. Make sure you let us know when the next one is planned with a front page notice. Looks like a great weekend and always good to support these towns.