Glad you liked it Jitts. We must remember that during world war 11 we had lot`s of American soldiers in Australia and Melbourne and they taught the girls to Jittabug. This was pre rock and roll. I have an early 50`s copy of a `Post` magazine that has young folk dancing Jittabug in Malvern town hall. The music definately dictates how we dance. Rock and roll didn`t come in until mid 50`s. It all evolved ! `Pub rock` didn`t exist until much later, as in the 50s and 60s pubs were shut at 6.00pm, this changed in 1966. Sixties music was different once again so the dance style changed to accomodate Surf, Instrumental, and the Mersey-Beat music etc. Yes Australian Widgies & Bodgies were cousins of the U.K Teds and the American Rockers- greasers and some were pretty wild with knuckle dusters, bike chains, flick knives etc, mind you not all youth followed down the path of `Blackboard Jungle`. I remember the first rock and roll song I heard was `Rock Around the Clock` by Bill Haley & the Comets. Followed by Buddy Holly`s `Peggy Sue`. The rest is history !!!! Don`t ask me where we learnt to dance, as I said it just evolved.......