24-04-2024 11:31 AM
0 Replies
ROCKIN TONES @ Altona...
Last post by Rockintones
24-04-2024 11:26 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Re:Brisbane Bashing?

You see that's where you have it all wrong. We don't knock Brisbane bands, only those that annoy us with the way they post on this site. The problems start when out of state bands come on here and blow their bugle incessantly and post frivolous inane comments at the drop of a hat. There is one Brisbane band in particular that has annoyed a lot of people that way hence the negativeness towards them. You will be struggling to find any other negativeness to out of state bands on this site otherwise.

I've been to Greazefest the last two years, and Brisbane/QLD has some top-flight bands. No QLD-bashing from me, ever. Some of my favourite Oz bands come from "up-North".

Men Into Space, Corn Liquor, Miss Theresa, Big Kitty, Ten Fours, (I could go on and on) are all great bands to see and hear.
    You can't handle the truth!

Essex Guest

coolswingkat, Bruce is right that in Victoria and on this site we don't knock interstate bands. Who cares where they are from if the music is good.

If you have never been on here before - why would you start off bagging members with your first post? Are you just trying to start a troublesome thread?

Somehow I don't think this is your first post, more than one identity sounds more like it.

Coolswingkat - I suggest you read the post of Bruce and then re - read it, for it is spot on. When the band he speaks of comes to Melbourne the proof will be in the pudding (as I have said before) but this bands member who has gone out of his way to make certain comments to stir up trouble and also I know has posted messages which has done little to promote goodwill. No one denies anyone the right to promote their own band and I know my associates and I love to hear different bands, in particular those from interstate which we dont get to see often, so rather than come in late, make incorrect statements/assumptions have a look at where the tripe started.

The problem is coolswingkat, there are many reasons for band bashing whether it is Brisbane or Timbuktu.
    The followers of there favourite bands are feed only what people want them to here.
    It is the behind the scene stuff that does the damage. Silent whispers, vicious personal attack the need to control the one up man ship BLAH BLAH BLAH. All done behind closed doors. All of the above is the course. Passionate musoÂ’s who just want to play are the true victims. Just a few words of wisdom IÂ’d like to share
    The most selfish one letter word (I) AVOID IT
    The most satisfying two letter word (We) USE IT
    The most poisonous three letter word (Ego) KILL IT
    The most loved four letter word ( Love ) VALUE IT
    The most pleasing five letter word ( Smile) KEEP IT
    HE FASTEST SPREADING SIX LETTER WORD ( RUMOUR) IGNORE IT
    The hardest working seven letter word (Success) Achieve It
    THE MOST ENVIABLE EIGHT LETTER WORD (JEALOUSY) DISTANCE IT
    THE MOST POWERFUL NINE LETTER WORD (KNOWLEDGE) ACQUIRE IT
    The most essential ten letter word ( Confidence) TRUST IT
    Chrissie :huh: :huh: :huh:
    Rumors are carried by haters, Spread by fools, and accepted by Idiots

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Certain band from Brisbane thanks you all for the publicity you have given them over the last few months, the first lesson in business is , sell, sell,sell no matter how just sell.
    Well my dear freinds you have saved a certain band from birissy a **** load of advertising costs, think about it for a second.... good publicity/bad publicity, correct me if I'm wrong but its all a great selling tool.
    Utopia is right the behind the scenes crap that has gone on over the last few months. What I do know is that the rockabilly scene is caving in because of a few dills who want to run it their way, don't get me wrong I'm not knocking the hard working muso's that live the scene but what has happend now is division within the scene, Its the hanger ons that are doing damage first they knocked us Rock n Rollers now they can't control their own back yard. I may lose the respect of a few people over this post but I don't care It's the truth. So get rid of your hanger ons and you might survive, because they are costing you dearly... Out

Tell you people what. That certain guy did apologise did he not, the post will be easy to find. And I am sure he posted his reasons. Now I have sat back and watched the stabbing and stirring of this band since.

Has he come out and said anything bad or negative since that apology? NO. But some of you continue to goad and carry on like idiots. Well I am prepaired to name names and provide proof on who is doing harm to your Dance clubs and Bands.

Paul

Some dills are not part of the Rockabilly scene and never have been. Lately there has been no real Rockabilly scene to speak of. I should know. Sorry Frank, I felt like i had to make the distinction, it's nothing against you, babe. Some dills are deluded if they think they run some version of the Rockabilly scene. As I said to a friend last night, there's no Rockabilly scene, only a few pubs that have hosted Rockabilly bands. Nobody "owns", "runs" or has "power" in any version of 50's scenes. I'm not taking it out on you Frank, please don't think I am.

well said Cat - gee whats going on here - me agreeing with you
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

No offence taken Cat but you can see my point can't you ?

tggsb: Thanks.

Frank: Yes I can.