The Summer Rocknroll Festival in Geelong organised by the Geelong Jukebox Rockers was held over 3 days with dances on Friday night with the Fender Benders and on Saturday night with the Smokin' Wingtips. There was also a dance workshop and rocknroll dance competition on Saturday. From all reports, the dances were very well attended.

Sunday is a family picnic day held at the White Eagle House in Breakwater with four bands playing. The Rockin' Tones and the Moonlighters played at the outside stage whilst Kid James Trio and Kieron Mcdonald Combo played inside the club's hall. The weather forecast was showers on Sunday and this must have affected the number of cars that was on display as well as limiting the number of merchandise and food stalls on the day.

I attended on Sunday and it was a very wet day driving from Melbourne in the morning. However, the rain stopped just before I turned off the highway to come in to the city of Geelong. And the rain stayed away the whole day although it was still a very cool day. Being a cool day actually is not such a bad thing as it can be quite conducive to doing lots of dancing. As expected with the forecast for showers, the attendance on Sunday this year was noticeably down from previous years. Nonetheless, all who attended had a great time dancing to all four bands.

Well done to Geelong Jukebox Rockers for another successful year in staging the Summer Rocknroll Festival which is the first of many rocknroll festivals that will be staged in Victoria and interstates for 2020.

My thanks to Margie & Rob Ewert for the rocknroll dance competition videos below.