Aisha Khan (UK) On Tour
Last post by Jitterbug
20-03-2024 08:53 AM
0 Replies

+ Reply to Thread

Do you feel Restless?

My first night out this year....video curtesy of my mate Mik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epgdr21PcG8
    Don't Dig Me Daddy 'Cause I'm Real Gone.....

Smile Re: Do you feel Restless?

Love the video - high energy stuff ......towards the end of the video, caught a glimpse of a scene I 'm not familiar with. Dance with fighting movements - Punk skanking?

Re: Do you feel Restless?

The psychobilly scene calls this "Wrecking" Jitterbug. Can get a bit on the rough side :P

Love Restless and this would have to be one of my most fav songs. Thanks for sharing
    never worry about what someone has to say about you because while they are busy trying to destroy you, you are being exactly what they only wish they could be!

Wink Re: Do you feel Restless?

Gr8 track!!

So "NO-ONE" notice a left hand gee'tarist!!
    "Just for the HELL of it"

Yup, wrecking has its hazards - bloody noses, broken bones...lost most of a tooth back in '85 myself but there is an unwritten code in there and if you hit the floor someone will have you back on your feet in seconds. It can get out of hand but I've seen the M3T3ORS (the original and ultimate psychobilly band) stop playing and walk off stage if it does. It self polices well. What it lacks in finesse and technique it makes up for in sheer adrennaline rush..... have to say its a young man's game though, suffice to say I'm not in the vid lol!

Mark Harman is something of a guitar god over here (check out his stuff with Dave Phillips and the Hot Rod Gang, particularly if you are a Gene Vincent fan) and Restless are one of the few bands that still sit comfortably in both the Rockin' and Psychobilly scenes - last time I saw them before this was supporting Little Richard, can't get much more diverse than that!

Yep they sure are a awesome band and lovely guys as well. Was lucky enough to catch them years ago when they came over. Also caught meteors when they played. Now we are just trying to get Frenzy and Batmobile over here I can die content
    never worry about what someone has to say about you because while they are busy trying to destroy you, you are being exactly what they only wish they could be!

Restless are a quality band - old school and very experienced. They do seem to cross over both the rockabilly and psycho scenes in the UK quite effortlessly. If I remember I saw them at Hemsby RnR (I think, it was a long time ago) and also definitely at some Speedfreak gigs - they appeal to both sides and can deliver ashow accoringly.

The M3t3ors are number 1 for me, but a close second are Guana Batz. I heard a rumour that someone was trying to get Pip Hancock over here.

Leaving the psycho side, the Hicksville Bombers are a fantastic band. I reckon they would go own really well over here, but the problem is gettng them here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LD9...eature=related

Ace

Have been lucky enough to see Frenzy a few times but not Batmobile. My 'band that got away' is the Ricochets (ironically Sam Sardi was in the crowd at the Restless gig). There's a big psycho weekender over here called Bedlam in March and Frenzy are on the first day - I'm going to miss it as I'm off to see Si Cranstoun but hoping to make day 2 with the Batz , Restless and a band called the Black Kat Boppers. They're are another of these bands that move easily between the two scenes and worth checking out - if you remember the band Get Smart, you'll recognise the singer.

Also lucky to live fairly local to the Hicksville Bombers so they play quite a lot around here. I'm in the same boat as you with the ReChords! The lead singer also has a band called Country Cattin who are more at the early end of the fifties in style, Hillbilly Bop etc:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW3Vo0t2764

Quote Originally Posted by acebass View Post

The M3t3ors are number 1 for me, but a close second are Guana Batz. I heard a rumour that someone was trying to get Pip Hancock over here.

[/url]

Ace
    He wants to come but finding a promotor that will bring them is the tough part Shame as caught them at a hootenanny and they are brilliant

[QUOTE=Rockin' Bones;24233] There's a big psycho weekender over here called Bedlam in March and Frenzy are on the first day -QUOTE]

would love to get to this one day keep hearing about the line up's super jealous

I miss those weekenders, Speedfreaks ball especially