Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RIP Danny Boyd

RIP Danny Boyd

It's With Heartfelt Regret
    I wish to inform everyone Danny Boyd of Flashback Passed away peacefully in hospital on Sat 30th October 10.30 pm. At this time the funeral arrangements are being made. Gordon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Danny 4 (400 x 600).jpg‎
Views:	368
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	4189  

Re: RIP Danny Boyd

Sad news indeed but Danny Boyd & his contribution to rock & roll music shall never be forgotten. His spirit lives on and will be an inspiration to all of us.

Rest in peace, and may God bless your soul.

It is indeed sad news. He will be greatly missed on the Melbourne rock 'n' roll scene. Our deepest sympathies to all his family.

Terry & Lil Causon
    My plan is to live forever . . . so far so good

Indeed he was an inspiring entertainer who's voice brought so much pleasure to so many. A great man who will be sorely missed!

Rest in peace Danny
    Mel and Sue
    ~ Mel ~

It was certainly a sad day for Rock&Roll, Sat 30th, when Danny past into heaven, he will always be remembered for his contribution to R&R music. Our heart felt sympathies to the family.
    R.I.P Danny.
    May R&R live for ever.
    Aspire to inspire - - - before you Expire !

This is a great loss to all of us.

A very sad day in the Melbourne Rock n Roll scene to loose a fellow Muscian.
    Our deepest condolences to his Family, Friends and Flashback.

The Straight 8's
    They called it Rockabilly long before they called it Rock and Roll!!

Some of my greatest memories of playing in rock'n'roll bands were in the eighties, playing with Danny in Flashback.
    He will be sadly missed. Condolences to his family.
    Rest in peace Danny.

Darryl and Cheryl

My Thought's are with all family and friends of Danny...R.I.P
    Regards
    Joe Robassa and Family
    from Bebop59

Danny,

It is so hard to believe that it is 30 years since I stepped on stage with you at the Windsor Receptions in Dandenong and heard you sing It’s Now Or Never for the first time……. It literally blew me away and caused me to resume performing Rock and Roll after a 10 year stint of playing the Country Music Circuit.

Flashback was a bit like a Roller Coaster at times and during the highs, there were moments at some Gigs, when you could swear we were playing in Vegas.

I enjoyed playing just about every song that you sang, my favorites being, “There Goes My Everything”, performed in Duo with Grantley and as you would know of course, “The Wonder Of You”.

The Rock and Roll Scene will miss you Danny, so rest in peace and thanks for the memories.

Our condolences to Paula, Michael, Adam, Kelly and extended Families, along with Danny’s many friends and fans Nation wide.

Lyndon & Kerry

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

On behalf of the Speedsters, we send our condolences to Danny Boyd's family, after his passing last night,we also send our heartfelt condolences to Flash Back the band, an institution in the Melbourne Rock n Roll scene..The Speedsters,Respective family's and crew..

Dannys dedication to singing and entertaining people is an inspiration to all of us. At such a sad time our deepest condolences go out to Dannys family and friends. the Flyin'Saucers

To the loving family of Danny Boyd, we at Northside Rock & the staff of The Heritage Bar & Grill Receptions offer our condolences at the passing of Danny. Our prayers are with you.
    Danny & Flashback were always a welcome act at Northside Rock.
    We wish Flashback all the best for the future & Danny will ALWAYS be remembered for being Danny Boyd the entertainer.
    A Good Dance is worth the time it takes to get there.
    "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Sad news indeed...

RIP Danny and condolences to his family and friends

Tony
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans - J. W. Lennon

on behalf of myself and all our rocknroll dancers out there,we give our utmost condolences to danny boyds family.friends,flashback and fellow musicians on dannys passing late last night .my lasting impressions of danny?i found the rocknroll scene at the waltzing matilda tabaret in june of 2004,danny just walks on by holdin a cup of tea,im thinkin?this guy looks like a rocknroller from the 50s...well,later he gets up on stage with a guitar and starts to sing,i was impressed.the real deal,a true blue aussie rocknrollin musician...my favorite tunes from danny,ferry across the mersey(gerry n the pacemakers)true love(buddy holly)are you lonesome tonite(elvis presley)rest in peace.danny.terry.

What a sad day for the friends and family of Danny Boyd. Danny will be greatly missed . The voice the band the man kept me wanting more every time. Flashback with Danny at the helm was just so special and almost at the end of every gig they would play Over the rainbow. Caz and myself could do no more than stand there and listen,he was that good. If you believe in heaven then you will know that now it has a hell of a band with Danny there. Thank you Danny and flashback for all the great dance tunes.
    That,ll be the day the music die,s

Danny"O"
    Rest in peace my friend, my heart is broken by your passing, you have left me with so many great memories that will never be forgotten, it was such an honour to be your Mate.
    Untill we meet again

Your best Mate
    Morrie"O"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Danny Rest In Peace.jpg‎
Views:	177
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	4192  
    Last edited by Mozz; 01-11-2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: adding image

wat my real estate agent said "Location Location!!"

On behalf of the boys from Itchy Fingers,

We send our deepest condolences to Danny's Family, He will be remembered greatly throughout the Rock'n'Roll scene.
    Rock'n'roll will stand man - If i'm lying i'm dying

Bye Danny. Thank you for all the music over so many years. Condolences to family and friends of Danny. Steve
    Dance like nobody's watching. Love like you've never been hurt

So sad, but I think Danny will be in heaven giving cheek to some of the greats who's songs he sung so well for many years. I'm sure he'll be having a great jam session. Was listening to Flashback live at the Waltzy cd last night, and that voice will be with us all forever. I'm sure many of the rock n roll community will be playing their flashback cd's this week with a sad smile on their faces remembering that cheeky Danny in fine form up on stage. Its a sad time for his family, but I hope they can take some comfort from the fact that he has touched so many lives and his voice will live on forever.
    Jocelyn