01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Bright RRRIO FESTIVAL 4.5.6 March 2011

BOOK BEFORE ALL THE RAT RODDERS & HOT RODDERS GET WIND OF THIS.

ADVANCE WARNING For Next Year

Get in early if you want to go. This place books out and the long weekend is the week after.
    Next year 4,5,6 March 2011 at Bright Vic, the first ever Bright Rockabilly, Rat Rods, Rock'n'Roll Ink & Oil Festival. RRRIO
    The flyers, website, tee shirt, merchandise are coming very soon I'm told.

If you are into Rat Rods, Rockabilly and Rock'n'Roll, this is the perfect weekend for you at one of the most beautiful places in Australia.
    Keywords - Rat Rods, Hot Rods, Rockabilly, Rock'n'Roll, Retro, Vintage, PinUps, Tattoos.

If you are into dancing, you are being catered for, if you are into cars you are being catered for, if you are into Rockabilly you are being catered for, if you are into kustom kulture you are being catered for and if you just want to boogie in the street, you are being catered for too.

Bright is famous for its beauty, it has 40 motels and numerous other accommodation spots, caravan parks etc that cater to the Snow Country in Winter and tourists in summer. It is like New Zealand, so much to see.
    It is also the location of the famous Bright Rod Run (probably the biggest run in Australia,) which is run by the Northern Suburbs Rodders. Next event coming up in November. The town is booked out already, so many people flood the area for this amazing loved Rod Run and are aware of the appeal of the place.

Many who attend the Bright Rod Run will probably want to go back and wet their feet at the RRRIO Festival once they know about it, so if you want to come along, book before the advertising starts and the town books out.

What will be happening
    The RRRIO Festival is a Music Festival as well as a Rat Rod event event.
    The local High School has a huge Indoor Sports Facility which doubles at a Dance Hall. It would be just about the biggest dance floor in Australia.
    The Speedsters, Blackhill Ramblers and DJ Antony will be churning out 2 bumper nights of Rock'n'Roll (Fri 4 & Sat 5 March 2011) at this awesome venue.
    Saturday during the day there will be dance lessons in the same venue with Swing'n'Rock.

Friday Night the Detonators and Atomic Hi-Tones will be entertaining right in town at Rockabilly HQ which will be in the Community Hall.
    This is another purpose perfect venue. Heaps of atmosphere with doors down one side that all open onto a big wide veranda that runs the length of the venue. Perfect for cool air on a hot night with a few Beams.
    It will have a bar and many resturants are in walking distance.

Saturday in the Street will be bands all day.
    Saturday night there will be bands at Rockabilly HQ including No-Brakes from Sydney.

There will probably be a few spots for busking. For bands or entertainers wanting exposure, you cant beat a spot in the street at a festival packed with people. AHT did some Busking at Tamworth last January. We were scared we'd get held up it was so lucrative.

Sunday will be held at Pioneer Park.. A stage overlooking the oval, dance floor and market stalls snaking around the arena. If you have been to the Beach Hop, you'll know what I mean. The cars will be able to park in that area.

The organizers will be keeping stall hire as low as possible. There will be vintage, kustom Kulture and Farmer's Market stuff .
    Also bands from 9am to 3pm making the air move.

No Brakes, Speedsters, Blackhill Ramblers, Rockin Daddys, Atomic Hi-Tones, Flyin Saucers, Infernos, Road Ratz, Wild Turkey, Detonators, DJ Antony and Paulie from the Dets new band (Paulie Bignell and the Thorbury Two) aswell.

Aaron from No-Brakes and His partner Pixie who is the producer of the Miss Australia PinUp Quest are champion dancers and teach in Sydney. Worth a visit to see them dance too.

This is all what I know so far. The organizers have other attractions simmering in the pot.
    There will be awards for the Rat Rods too.

If you want somewhere really nice to stay, start with the Bright Avenue Motor Inn.
    http://www.brightavenuemotorinn.com.au/
    The Bright Avenue Motor Inn 03 5755 1911
    87 Delany Avenue, Great Alpine Rd
    The Bright Avenue Motor Inn is ideally situated on the picturesque Delany Avenue (Great Alpine Road), that is well known not only for the trees but also the gardens that line it, a secluded little getaway yet with accommodation within easy walking distance of the Bright CBD.

7 Pages of more Bright accommodation on the link below

http://www.takeabreak.com.au/Bright/...y/accomodation

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: Bright RRRIO FESTIVAL 4.5.6 March 2011

Hubba Hubba... Wooohoooo Isa goin to this show, This Is going to be a wild w'end, think I might wash my hair for this event, Figgy can i borrow ya hair dryer ? oh and while ya there ya under arm 1 of cliffys shavers and let me see, ummm oh yeah nearly forgot, what are we sposed to be doing in Bright ? loll

Hi ya Maryanne,interesting to know what you get up to when you visit Tassie.Thanks Jitts for the insight to the lovely lady.I got this sent to me from the bright tourist information.Its on so tell everyone to book in now or miss out .We were lucky to get 3 rooms about 20 metres from the Clock tower in the middle of bright.
    Hi Ray,

Thank you so much for your email. At the end of my day yesterday to
    come home and see this was great.

All I can say is YES. We are going to host a Rockabilly Music, Rat
    Rod, Classic Car, Show n Shine. Vintage Fashion, Carnival show rides
    Weekend in Bright.
    It has been a painstaking 2 years in development and is now ready to go.

We have a website. www.brightrockabilly.com.au that is still under
    build but should be up end of next week. So please forward this on to
    all rockabilly and rat rod enthusiasts and keep posted to the bright
    rockabilly site.

We have 10-11 bands, huge basketball stadium with a great wooden floor
    as well as the local community centre which also has a big wooden
    floor.

As yet we haven't advertised and it is all word of mouth that has
    caused the event to travel, which is why the website's not fully
    completed.

This has no affiliation with the NSSR (northers suburbs street rodders)Bright Rod Run held in November
    but the guys from the NSSR are keen as mustard to come away for a
    weekend and enjoy Bright and not have to work for a change. They have
    been a great help with the Weekends development during the past 2
    years.

Regards Michelle
    That,ll be the day the music die,s

Joceb,
    the dates are above...

website is not working

facebook page now up and running "bright rockabilly"

Thumbs up Re: Bright RRRIO FESTIVAL 4.5.6 March 2011

the organisers are working on the new website. they have a new facebook page and i think they are loading bit of info on that until the sites up.

We have posted details of the festival on "Perth Rocks" website in "New Articles". Can't find web address, email or Facebook to post links and contacts for further info. Please contact us at perthrocks@optusnet.com.au

We are up and running so if you feel like linking your promo up to the website. muchly appreciated...

Michelle