01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

+ Reply to Thread

Smile Intermediate Dance Partner Wanted

Hi, I have started back R&R recently and would love to have a partner to dance with, classes seem to have an abundance of females and sitting out every other rotation isn't much fun and doesn't help me progress. I'm in the Eastern Suburbs and would prefer to keep it close to home given the time I get home from work and most are on weeknights.
    I danced previously for about 18 mths and still have a lot to learn, but I follow well if you are a strong lead!

Re: Intermediate Dance Partner Wanted

Advertising for a dance partner is always brave step and VicRock is always happy to give dancers all the support we can.

Unicornomb, you can help the process by adding a bit more information about yourself.

So far prospective dance partners can only deduce that you are a female who is keen to take your dancing to a higher level and you live in the eastern suburbs.

You know blokes are anxious, shy and hesitant. You can paint a bit more of your self-portrait with details such as:

- Height?
    - Age?
    - Dance school?
    - Favourite local band?
    - Favourite dance venue?

How about adding a pic?

Good luck. Hope we see the two of you dancing in competitions in 2011.

Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

I haven't given much information, have I?
    I am 46 and about 5' 4". The dance school I've started back with is Linda's - the only one I've been to and it's good to have some semblance of familiarity!
    As I didn't manage to get too far last time my knowledge of the local bands and venues is limited. Really not paying attention as I'm not confident enough to go along alone yet.
    Anyway, this is me and I'd be happy to partner someone who thinks it may be more fun as a 'team'.

hi , im looking for dance partner ,been dancing 14 years ,rocknroll lindy jive

Question Re: Intermediate Dance Partner Wanted

hi, in reply are you male, and if so what age and and location are you?

hey 50 carrum downs

Smile Re: Intermediate Dance Partner Wanted

Hi, was interested to ready that there's actually someone else out there with the same problem; a DANCE PARTNER! It's really hard, especially for a girl, to go along to a dance without a dance partner. Seems that all the guys there are "taken" which is fine, but I worry their ladies might get upset if a "strange" girl asks their guy to dance....and it really is just for a dance!! Anyways, I'm interested in going to heaps of dances - I live in Bendigo, have been learning rock n roll, swing, line and abit of ballroom since March this year and absolutely love it.
    Would attend dances pretty well anywhere in Victoria & lower NSW.
    I'm a girl (obviously lol) 5ft 6 and early 50s, young-at-heart and just want to get out there & have a go.

I have been searching for a Dance partner for 15 years for competitive dancing, first in Latin and for the last 10 years in Rock and Roll.

Many of you have seen me out rockin my socks off at many different venues, Geelong, Melbourne, Ballarat, Bendigo..

I am still looking for a partner and reside around the Murray/Goulboun areas

27 year old woman

Intermediate/Advanced

4'10

Love the fast stuff! Go Atomics!

If you would like a dance (not that there is much on offer this way) PM me

Goodluck to all my fellow rockers searching for their own partners- don't give up, I haven't yet!