Top night out ..The...
Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Get well Danny Boyd

Hi Danny, I wish you well and hope you have a speedy recovery, we were together from the inception of “Flashback, more than thirty years ago. You, Tony, Dougie and Andy,and we had a lot of good times together. You have been an inspiration to the Rock ‘n’ Roll scene here in Melbourne and all over Victoria for more than 30 years, you have always been a fighter and an inspiration and many have followed in your footsteps. Take care my friend you have a lot more to give and we are all behind you. Joey D’rozario of “Mustang”
    Hi Danny, I too have known you for more than thirty years and I sincerely hope and prey that you will defeat this that you face now, I have lost a loved one because of this cursed thing. One of my most memorable times in my life is when you asked me to join your band and we played together for nearly three years , we sure had some fun together and I was much honored when in your page on Vicrock you said words to the effect you were more than grateful for all the help and inspiration I gave you. From me also to you Danny, take care my friend you have a lot more to give and we are all behind you. Denis Cahill of “Mustang”. Well wish’s also from Grant Speedy and Malcom Mantell of “Mustang.

Re: Get well Danny Boyd

Hi Danny ,just letting you know we,Caz and myself are thinking of you.We have followed the rock n roll scene for nearly 10 years and so have listen and danced to your music and that of Flashback. It was about 6 years ago one Xmas eve and Billy Thorpe was on carols by candle light.I called out to Caz to come and have a listen to Billy because I guessed he would sing over the rainbow.He did and Caz weeped after the song. Not much longer later we were at Hoppers and Flashback were playing .It was near the end of the night and you sang over the rainbow . Both Caz and myself stood in the middle of the dance floor not saying a word,just listening and we knew then that we were now part of something special just hearing you sing. God has given you this challenge not knowing he picked the wrong dude to give it to.Be positive and fight the bloody thing with all your might.Keep doing what you do for us knowing we will be doing all we can for you. Someone once ended a letter to me with a quote,YESTERDAY IS HISTORY,TOMORROW IS THE FUTURE AND TODAY IS A BLESSING.Bless you for the memories and await plenty more
    That,ll be the day the music die,s

Sorry to hear this sad news. You have all our thoughts & prayers to get through this. It seams that I have known you for a long time, just seeing you on stage.Take care see you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by roknray View Post
    Hi Danny ,just letting you know we,Caz and myself are thinking of you.We have followed the rock n roll scene for nearly 10 years and so have listen and danced to your music and that of Flashback. It was about 6 years ago one Xmas eve and Billy Thorpe was on carols by candle light.I called out to Caz to come and have a listen to Billy because I guessed he would sing over the rainbow.He did and Caz weeped after the song. Not much longer later we were at Hoppers and Flashback were playing .It was near the end of the night and you sang over the rainbow . Both Caz and myself stood in the middle of the dance floor not saying a word,just listening and we knew then that we were now part of something special just hearing you sing. God has given you this challenge not knowing he picked the wrong dude to give it to.Be positive and fight the bloody thing with all your might.Keep doing what you do for us knowing we will be doing all we can for you. Someone once ended a letter to me with a quote,YESTERDAY IS HISTORY,TOMORROW IS THE FUTURE AND TODAY IS A BLESSING.Bless you for the memories and await plenty more
    Here it is again hope this link works

Morrie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0rlIQZ-5Rk
    Last edited by Mozz; 03-07-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Some more of the Fabulous Danny Boyd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Sy1tFeBzA

Mozz

Thankyou for sharing your videos of Danny singing. What an awesome voice.
    Have you got any of him performing Al Jolson ?

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Mozz

Thankyou for sharing your videos of Danny singing. What an awesome voice.
    Have you got any of him performing Al Jolson ?
    Have got heaps on him but not Al Jolson Will I will check with him and see what we can track down ...in the meantime I will post a bit more of what I have ....stay tuned

Thanks Mozz for the clips.I had a chat to Danny on another night later at hoppers and just had to tell him his version of over the rainbow was as good as Billy Thorpes.Danny then told me that quite a few years back he and Thorpie boarded together in Sydney for awhile and so some of Billys magic had to wear of on him, again thanks for the clip its in my files now
    That,ll be the day the music die,s

All the very best Danny - wish you every success in your efforts to regain full health - the Rock n Roll scene needs you as I am sure many others do too.

Some more video's on Danny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4RDZIUTG44

Mozz

Enjoying watching Danny sing. Keep em coming.

You must be happy with your footy team. Don't rule out the doggies though

You Ain't Heard Nuthin Yet

Danny Sings Al Jolson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll5M...eature=channel

Mozz

thankyou for sharing Danny performing Al Jolson. Holds lots of memories for me. Thanks again

Early Flashback (Little Sheila)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaLhVAvgKE8

Really sorry to hear the news Danny. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a full and speedy recovery. Keep on rocking!
    Love and best wishes, Honey B and The Stingers

Danny has asked me to put this on for him.

"Hi people Danny here. I would like to thank all the well wishers who have posted in regards to my health. Thank you for your support and encouragement. I am a very strong willed person and I intend to fight this to the end. The rock n roll scene has been my life blood I cannot see myself not doing it and being part of it. 30 years well that's my legacy and with your help over the years you the public have made that possible. Thank you all again. Danny"
    ~ Mel ~