The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

For Sale- Double bass & Amp package

FOR SALE

Double Bass- "The Green Machine" purchased from ben puglisi. Real gut strings and underwood pickup. Full Hughes & Ketner 15Inch box with H&S 400 watt head. Linked up with a Bheringer parametric unit gives it a great Authentic sound with NO FEEDBACK!!!
    Has seen some awsome gigs in its time and some very **** ones aswell. Done time with the flyin saucers,the blackhill ramblers and the rockin daddys, but has never failed me!!
    Sorry to see it go but no use for it anymore. All ready to go nothing more to buy. C/W all leads and bass head hard case.
    Can email full photos.

$4000.00 ono (not including freight from Cairns)-BOLTO

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re:For Sale- Double bass & Amp package

Actually he has moved up the musical tree and is now focusing on mastering the triangle ...

ShaunPhantom wrote:
    Actually he has moved up the musical tree and is now focusing on mastering the triangle ...
    I thought he'd become a good tambourine man actually.
    You can't handle the truth!

We hope Bolto is a member of the RACV, because they would be the only ones who care what he is doing, where he is, or what he has for sale....
    Perhaps he could sell his computer and take up Cane Toad collecting instead of publishing his opinions on vicrock.

Kramer mmmmmm ???
    Been let out?

HEY DAVE.Stop being so bitter mate.Hell l still reckon you have so much too offer.Keep ya chin up and come HOME.C'YA MATE LUV YA HEAPS .shane bhr

You seem like a bit of an A**HOLE Kramer?
    Senior Member indeed
    More like Senior TOOL!!!
    Are you one of these bitter old men who go to dances to PERV on the ladys dancing? I bet you have to sneak out to because your mum might catch you!!!You do still live at home right?
    Single? Im guessing so
    :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :P :P :P :P :P :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No figjam, hes just a Moron!!

I say keep it as you never know what's around the corner!!

Who is Kramer anyway????

You must have missed the posting that gave a hint that anybody in the know would have been able to guess who we are.

In case you were too pre occupied with being rude and obnoxious, we are associated with major recording facilities and festival promotions.

While we appreciate the generosity that allows us to access this site from time to time, the repeated childish and irrelevent postings by the same few alias's within the Rockabilly movement are starting to bore us.
    We are also quite sure that all the lovely and very professional people that we know within that movment, are also getting sick of the direction that this site is heading due to a minority of not very nice people.
    FNQ, my foot.

I dont really care who or what your associated with. I dont give a damn if your the pope or who you think you are.
    I did not like the smart ass coment you made about myself and the equipment im selling. Take a look at your karma rating mate. doesnt that say something?
    I think most people on this site are sick of your boring, stupid remarks that you post all the time. Go back through them and take a look. You have pissed people off before i got onto this site.
    And your calling me obnoxious?
    Get over yourself kramer!! :P

In case you were too pre occupied with being rude and obnoxious, we are associated with major
    recording facilities and festival promotions (kramer)

If this is your case Kramer I hope that I don't come in contact with you, for our Festival :- and pity help any artist that would think of using your recording facilities, Why don't you get on the next slow boat to China and take your pea brain with you.

Hi Bolto - thats a nice bass rig you're selling mate, and nice playing on Parramatta for your guest appearance out at Sunbury the other week...they're still cleaning your sweat up!
    By the way, The Blackhill Ramblers are playing at the Dromana RSL, Pier St. Dromana, tomorrow( Sat) night..Should be a hoot.

Shane has been too busy with his job as a part-time brain surgeon to add much Blackhill Rambler info to the VicRock site.

It's the tosses like you Kramer that have killed the rockabilly and rocknroll scene!!
    I'm not in the no ( as you put it ) and don't want to be, I just love the music and having a dance ,not giving a **** if the clicky group accept me or not.
    You would be suprised at how many people i've heard say the same thing and i think it's a real shame for those who try so hard to keep the music going in Melbourne.
    Kramer your an Idiot!!!!!

Sometimes the Moderator steps in when a thread degenerates into name calling but I am inclined to let this run a bit further because there are some interesting sentiments coming out.

I am keen to hear why some people might think the bum has fallen out of Rockabilly in Melbourne.

If Rockabilly is in a poor state now then it must have been a knock-out a year or so ago.

There are some great local Rockabilly bands that I really enjoy, including the FlyinÂ’ Saucers in which Bolto played the bass. (You can hear some of his work on the FlyinÂ’ SaucersÂ’ web site.)

You see plenty of crepe soles and key chains around, not to mention the younger, more exotic Psychobillies and lots of people use the hand-shake start when dancing.

I was pleased to see finalists with a Rockabilly clothing style in this yearÂ’s Victorian RockÂ’nÂ’Roll Dance Association (VRRDA) State competitions.

:unsure: :unsure:
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

The saucers are a great band but what happened to the Fri and Sat nights at the homestead where Slick Crusty etc were playing and you couldn't move!!!!

Unless i'm not checking the write sites how often do HJD, Flatfoot, Starliners,Benny,rockbottom,straight8's etc play???

So your a recording legend now kramer? Please tell us all how many rock n roll legends you have created Mr Phillips?
    Ive got a great idea for you too look into.......
    Record yourself talking for 2 and a half hours and then sell it as a sleeping aid!! You will sell plenty.
    Oh and i dont think selling fairy floss at festivals makes you Col. Tom Parker either!!!
    Have fun this week end playing the Triangle, legend!!!
    :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

RobE wrote:
    [quote]

I am keen to hear why some people might think the bum has fallen out of Rockabilly in Melbourne.

Bolto wrote- I dont think it is so much the rockabilly bands at the moment,more so the lack of on going venues where it is a constant thing.

Like the old days of the growling dog, The york on Lilydale and the Box hill RSL. Venues seem to can things before they can start to get a good name for themselves i think.

Rob E,
    I don't think Rockabilly is dead. Maybe there are a lot more ageing rockers around that find Rockabilly a bit fast to dance too all night, but as a guitarist, I love to listen to and watch a good Rockabilly band.
    It is a pity that we don't have some clubs here like they do in NSW, or Queensland, so that bands like Ronnie's "Dirty Boogie Band" for instance, could get more work. If you are a Brian Setzer fan, you are really missing out on that band. Just to go and see, not to dance.
    We did a double band gig about 5 years ago in Bendigo with the Straight Eights which was a great idea, as it provided a night of music with all the variety that you would want.
    No offence meant to our friendly DJ's, but maybe occasionally our dance promoters could consider hiring two completely different bands instead of a DJ and a band if and when it would be affordable.
    Keep Rock'n'Roll alive

B)

Bolto, Any nibbles on the Double Bass.
    Lyndon, You've been missing out. There is a lot of rockabilly being played round town that is not too fast at all as many on this site have witnessed.
    Rockabilly is a genre I thought, not a tempo.
    RobE, let the kids keep having fun a bit longer. (Me too)
    Mel, what if you have to send everyone to the corner.
    Back to Bolto. Dont sell it Dave (unless you are trading up). You will regret it.