Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Band Bashing

Re:Band Bashing

I'm with you Dom.
    As far as I am aware, we all do get along and support each other by filling in when someone is crook, or passing on jobs if we are double booked, or not suited to the gig.

Rock and Roll was and should remain fun and we are all very lucky to have such a variety of bands and god willing, most of us are still healthy enough to enjoy it.

Sure, some bands and venues may be better than others in certain people eyes, but when you start bagging them, you are also bagging the people who for their own reasons, support their own favorite band.

If you have any friends Dave, I am sure you wouldn't want to offend any of them by critizing their taste in music, or their favorite performers.

:laugh:Keep Rock and Roll "FUN" because we love it.

You've never asked me to fill in Lyndon, you said i was first on your list! You lied didnt you, I'll bet you taught one of your guitarist mates how to play drums so as you wouldn't have to ask me huh ? lol
    As per usual kiss ya Bass player on his bald spot for me o'le fella.... Cheers... Me.

Boomer, Boomer, Boomer.
    You may, or may not know, that I threatened to blow Darryl up if he ever got sick and couldn't play and we had to get you to fill in. :laugh: Oh, Terry says he loves you too, but would prefer to walk bare footed through hot coals than get kissed by me. Sorry mate. B)

BOLTO!You just love stiring the pot.By the way,how are the cane toads,and the HEAT,and the BUGS.The HUMIDITY.The RAIN.Then the HEAT....AGAIN!.......come HOME!.....FNQ....is not A.nice place.[no wonder ya so bitter.]

shane wrote:
    BOLTO!You just love stiring the pot.By the way,how are the cane toads,and the HEAT,and the BUGS.The HUMIDITY.The RAIN.Then the HEAT....AGAIN!.......come HOME!.....FNQ....is not A.nice place.[no wonder ya so bitter.]
    [color=#FF0000]That's GOLD!!!! roflmao[/color]
    You can't handle the truth!

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I thought of bashing a band once but there was six of em. Come home Dave. We love you Man! Plus thereÂ’s a shortage of big bull fiddle players in the scene. We can do the New Years eve thing again, like at Big VinnieÂ’s.
    Peace & Love to you mateÂ…Â….Jazzman.
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

yeah we need people who are full of bull bolto

Agree - band bashing not the way to go. In fact, any form of bashing for that matter.

Having said that, I am sure all bands welcome some form of feedback - positive as well as constructive critique. The corporate world today - in fact, all groups and organisations including those of us in the workforce are subject to constant review of our performance. All in the name of "continuous improvement". And I am sure not all of those are rave reviews of how good we are. In fact, quite the opposite. But still we take on board those constructive comments. and aim to improve ourselves the next time.

Personally, being new to the R&R world, I welcome comments and reviews of bands, venues (and how bad or good we dance?). We live in a world of choices. We don't all share the same passion for a particular band. That doesn't mean the band is not good. Just that their music not quite to our taste. But we may be better off learning and feeding off from those who know the scene well.

For the record - I enjoy listening and dancing to all the Melbourne bands. You have provided me great entertainment - thanks!!

Im getting to fat up here drinking beer!!

The bands I like: Ones who take the chance and do different material eg. The Ramblers, The Diddley Daddies, The Saucers.
    Yes, the bands up here are very bad!!

I enjoy the Heat, the cane toads (There my friends Lyndon) and the rain.
    I never did learn to play the Bass thanks Shuany and yes Shane me mate i like stiring the pot.

Fishing up here is almost as easy as in melb
    (Taking the bait hahahah!!!) Jazza i thought you were learning the b/fiddle? What happened mate?
    Im off now to drink more beer.- Bolto

Thanks Mel.

Ive finished my stint in the "Anger Management" course and Im feeling great. I can now get on to VIC ROCK and not offend anyone!!

Next on my list is AA

Regards,

BOLTO

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Lack of time. That's what happened.
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

GO get em SUE.Sought em out.

Hi Shane. Only just got the chance to say hello back to ya.
    We notice that you have been doing a lot towards the recent fundraising efforts. It is good to see the generous side of people from time to time. Well done.

THANKS MATE .but it not just me.JOY and RAY Rust.FLASH and JULS.MY fellow band members STEVE,ROD SIMON,CRIS.and our wives.TRACY,JULIE,CRIS.LINDA,Rods partner.and all of YOU out there make it happen.So we should ALL give our selves,a pat on the back.THANKS for your kind words Kramer.C,YA round the traps.shane bhr