0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Hope Fund Raiser

The Hope Ellis-Buxton Fundraiser is on the 6th of March in the Hallam Rec Hall in Frawley's Rd . 3 Bands Blackhill Ramblers, Atomic Hi-Tones and the Flyin Saucers.
    Hope is the granddaughter of Rhonda Ellis who is part of the furniture in the collective Melbourne, Rock'n'Roll/Rockabilly/Hot Rod scene, so many will have spotted Hope with her Nan or her mum and dad at various events.
    Adorable Hope who just turned 3, was born with a few problems that require lots of special equipment to support her while sleeps and to help her get around.

Everyone has been saying for ages that there should be a fundraiser for Hope. Shane from the Ramblers and Joy Rust stopped saying and did it.
    If you can make it to Hallam Saturdee week, it looks like being a packed to the rafters event.
    No bookings, just rock up.
    It will be a hoot.
    Last edited by FIGJAM; 05-03-2010 at 12:39 AM.

Re: Hope Fund Raiser

Well the fundraiser for Hope is on this Saturday (March 6th) so I hope you've got your dancing shoes ready!
    We have 3 of Melbourne's.....no, Australia's greatest bands giving their time and talent to raise money for the on going needs of this sweet little girl.

If there's one thing I've learnt since "falling" into this RnR scene, it's what a generous and supportive group we really are......
    no matter what style of music you favor, be it RnR, Rockabilly, Country ect. When there's a need, we band together and make a real difference in peoples lives.

I've been involved in a few of these events, and I'm always amazed at the brillant outcomes. I'm sure we'll do the same on Saturday.

Along with the bands we're hoping for a good turnout of rods (gold coin donation), so there'll be something for everyone.

Bring along some extra coins and notes as we'll have a raffle and silent auctions.

Thanks to some very gererous people and business,s everything has been donated. The bands, the hall, the items for the raffle and auctions,
    so everything raised will be "FOR HOPE"
    (Flyers will be on tables naming those that supported this event)

So pack the eskey and the nibbles and come and make this a night to remember.
    Make someone's life a little brighter...and maybe your own as well!

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: Hope Fund Raiser

I agree about those bands you mentioned Ray & Joy and I'll be proud to donate to this fair-dinkum fundraiser.
    Hats off to the organisers, bands and helpers for giving up their time for this worthy cause.
    Amongst other rock & roll events and car shows that the Ellis / Buxton family have attended ... they also frequent the Gully with Hope and I must say (with her green ukulele) ... Hope looks very much like the true rocker.
    I'm there in the yellow peril ... with bells on!
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.