0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
    Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Gigs at Green Table again

For those that can remember those awesome Rockin’ Roll Sunday afternoons at the Green Table Billiard Club in Dandenong … well … It’s about to happen again. The Trial period will be a series of gigs on a Friday night.
    The fortnightly Friday nights will be a $5 entry which is a small amount to pay considering the price of drinks at this club. Opening night is on Friday the 12th of February and features the talents of those rockabilly bad boys … the fantastic ATOMIC HI-TONES.
    Those Sundays at the Green Table of 6 years ago were a forerunner to the ‘Church of Rock’ at the FTG Hotel but there’s a lot more competition to launch new R&R venues these days.
    If you want an inexpensive and cosy Rock & Roll venue in the Dandenong area on Friday nights, then I suggest you come along and support this opening night so it looks favourable to the committee to ensure these nights continue. See you there.
    Thankyou … Jazza, Cliff & Maryann.

The Green Table Billiard Club
    16 Balmoral Ave,
    Dandenong 3175
    Melways Map 90 F10
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

Smile Re: Gigs at Green Table again

Can't remember if I have been to the "Green Table" before but always exciting to see new venues opening up for live music gigs & dancing. I presume there is a dance floor there.

BTW, given that Lt Maria's dance is fortnightly on same Fridays, would make it difficult for some to be at two different places at the same time. But then again maybe Green Table is to cater exclusively to "rockabilly" music and therefore aiming for a substantially different crowd?

Re: Gigs at Green Table again

I remember the Green Table, although I only got around to going there shortly before it closed its doors to rockabilly. Look forward to its reopening in two weeks.
    Dance like nobody's watching. Love like you've never been hurt

Great news!
    But I agree with Jitterbug, little marias attracts some of the rockabilly set as well, maybe see how a few go and then see if the alternate Fridays need changing.
    Altho Double duece is the opp Fridays to lit marias.
    Here's hoping it does ok, we will give it a whirl as it's close for us!

Wow...thats A Blast From The Past...remember It Well...good To See Its Back On The List

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Correction: the Green Table trial period is a few "monthly" gigs.
    Thanx for the response Bug, Steve, Roulette & Bolto74. Re: rock & roll gigs on the same night. We will keep your suggestion in mind but due to venue and band availability, the issue of overlapping gigs cannot be avoided at times. Gig overlap by promoters in our relatively small scene is unfortunate but not intentional. Longer weekends would help???

Jitterbug … If you had experienced the Green Table Billiard Club in the past, you would have remembered it. The GT started as a Dutch club about 45years ago in a renovated weatherboard house at its present location. After 2 more add-ons and major reno’s, this tucked away club could finally cater for a band with dancers albeit still small like a speak-easy with a cosy feel … just like being invited into a friends lounge room.

Even the Green Table Billiard Club with it’s no pokies, quiet & friendly atmosphere and never any need for security personal, has felt the wrath of the liquor licensing board’s blanket rules regarding live music in hotels/clubs …see Tezza’s thread “Re: silence, as pubs shut doors on rock bands.” I just hope common sense prevails before these rules kill off any incentive for promoters / venue owners in starting new rock and roll nights.

Anyway, off the soapbox and back to happier days at the Green Table circa 2003/4 including a pic of Bolto with the Rockin’ Daddy’s.
    Last edited by Jazza; 07-02-2010 at 08:11 PM.
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS, THATS WHEN A VERY SPECIAL PERSON CAME INTO MY LIFE. I WILL SEE YOU THERE ICON.
    There's a fly in my soup

Smile Re: Gigs at Green Table again

Yes Blingbling .Im there.I also have fond memories of the Green table.Which incidently was named after you, (Mainly because of the amount of times you chucked up on the original brown table) Those were the days.
    .I remember one afternoon when we both went fishing( Down by the storm drain that runs next to the green table) and all I caught was crabs.

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! I like that
    "I shot a man in Reno..Just to watch him Die"