01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

+ Reply to Thread

Insert eye catching comment here

Well, beginner classes began again today at Renegade Rockers in Altona and sadly, there still isnÂ’t a partner for poor old Polkadots.
    ItÂ’s getting a little depressing so IÂ’ve had to resort to the singles pages. Single dancers that is.

If any guys are interested in joining a rock and roll class (beginner and intermediate) on Monday nights in Altona, let me know.

Polkadots.

Re:Insert eye catching comment here

This is a great opportunity for a bloke from the west side of Melbourne who wants to develop his dance skills.

We have danced a few times and I can tell you that Polkadots is catching on to the basics of R'n'R real fast. She is light in the hand, easy to lead and she has fun while she learns. (Sorry Dotty if this sounds a bit like horse auction but I do not know another way of expressing my encouragement.)

Guys, don't delay!
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

The Dateless & Desparate Ball was on last weekend - better be late than never, I say.

I can testify (hand on my heart) to what Rob has said about Dotty. Sounds abit religious the way I put it, doesn't it. Having danced a few times with her at Little Maria's (what pleasure ......!!) I can assure all the leads out there she's worth it. Hurry - such offers don't usually last long B) B)

Aaaw, thanks guys. Cheque's in the mail

Hi all. Just wanted to share my good news that I have a dance partner again! Makes lessons that little bit easier and far more enjoyable.

So thanks to everyone who bothered reading my sad little message - didn't really work but it was worth a shot. : )

Thanks again,

Polkadots.

This was always a given. :blink:

I expect to see you two signing up for the 2006 round of Victorian Rock'n'Dance Association (VRRDA) competitions.

The VRRDA Committee expects to release the dates for the Eastern, Western and Metro Heats and the Victorian Finals fairly soon.

A VRRDA web page is under construction. Its launch will be trumpeted on Vic Rock. :lol:
    Rob Ewart

www.VRRDA.org.au

Congrats Polkadots!! Was he there at Little Maria's last Friday? I thought I saw you and a lead dancing cheek to cheek all night long ......... but I could be wrong there. My eyesight is not what it used to be. :laugh:

Seriously, we will be expecting the two of you strutting your stuff on the dance floor a lot more regularly from now onwards. Got to check out some of your new moves ............

Jitterbug.. that is the first I have heard it! Spreading some rumours are we?!

Had a lot of fun at Little M's on Friday (as per usual) but no, the new guy wasnt there. I danced with him for the first time on Monday night at class. He learns really quickly and has extremely clear leads which is good. And he actually seems to enjoy dancing which is always a bonus.

Rob.. not so sure about the comps! I think it might take away from the fun of dancing. Could be wrong about that though. Have you guys ever danced in competitions?

All I can remember are my ballet exams when I was a kid and they were as far from fun as you could get.

Thanks for the info though.

Well guys, very very sadly, I won't be at the next Little M's.
    I have a friend's party on that night but I will catch up with you at the one after that. Oh! A month away.. how will I cope!

Hey you ....... I did say my eyes are not what it used to be, didn't I? But come to think of it, dancing cheek to cheek could be fun! Just like the moves I used to learn as a beginner swing dancer - the "kiss" followed by the "cuddle".

Re your question about competing - Yes, I will be competing for the first time in October this year including events in 1950's R&R, R&R Jive, Slow Swing and Lindy Hop. More for fun really, so don't expect to be placed. Would be a pleasant surprise if I did well enough .......

Not going to Little Maria's next? How could you? Well, Jay just have to get better quick smart and be prepared to dance a little bit more than normal on the night?

Seriously - will miss dancing with you ...... but do have a great time at your friend's party!

I hope you have shown this guy how to do - back step, triple step, down, up. B)
    Rob Ewart

www.VRRDA.org.au

Never too late to teach an old dog - so I want to learn that too Rob........ I think I know the back step, triple step bit but the up down sounds bit more interesting. Care to demo that at the next Lt Maria's ............... :laugh: :laugh:

Hey guys.

No, I haven't introduced back step, triple step, down and up to him yet. I'm worried that he won't be able to take my weight. I freak out enough about hurting you! It is a lot of fun though.

Jitterbug.. it's a great move! Rob and I will have to show you next time I am at Little M's (if that's okay with you Rob).

Good luck with the competition too JB! I was surprised to read that it is your first one. I thought you would have been in heaps. It would be great if you got a place. I'm sure it will be heaps of fun even if you don't though. Good luck again!

Catch you guys soon,
    Polkadots.

Cool Re: Beginner! please somebody help me. One single cat, Looking for a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Polkadots View Post
    Well, beginner classes began again today at Renegade Rockers in Altona and sadly, there still isnÂ’t a partner for poor old Polkadots.
    ItÂ’s getting a little depressing so IÂ’ve had to resort to the singles pages. Single dancers that is.

If any guys are interested in joining a rock and roll class (beginner and intermediate) on Monday nights in Altona, let me know.

Polkadots.
    Hello Polk
    I'm looking to join Renegade Rockers asap, I'm just a little shy. But I love to dance. I'm single........ and have been for a few years.

Got to get off my bum and Rock and Roll all night.
    I live in Coburg , and will drive to Altona no problem.

Can someone help me??............Please!!!

t.c