0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

+ Reply to Thread

The Great Talent Of Imelda May

Re: The Great Talent Of Imelda May

Simply gorgeous.... I've never seen this lady before. Talk about class!

Very reminiscant of Patsy Cline, Rosemary Clooney and Doris Day...

Thanks for putting these vids up...

Tony
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans - J. W. Lennon

Hopefully going to see her in May She's also go a CD out as Imelda May Clabby (she is married to Daryl Higham now) that is well worth checking out and there is a load of video footage from the tour on her website http://www.imeldamay.com/
    Don't Dig Me Daddy 'Cause I'm Real Gone.....

Smile Re: The Great Talent Of Imelda May

Good link for Imelda May - thanks Rockin' Bones.

Keep rockin' in the UK (???)

Amazing gig last Sunday - there is a shed load of stuff from the tour on You Tube now. A rare talent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSWXxfy9-Cw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI-JlE2oTnA

Isn`t she hot !! What a lucky guy Darrell Higham is. Darrell and the Enforcers have taken a break for a couple of years while Darrell concentrates on travelling the country playing guitar for his gorgeous wife Imelda May, and he`s just loving it. Says she`s doing real good. Maybe they can visit us in Oz sometime. Loved catching Darrell at Wintersun and Perth.

If they do, don't miss it - Off to see her again in July at a Festival in Nottingham with the Pogues - Ireland's finest all in one line up! She said at the gig they had just finished recording the new album, watch this space......

Smile Re: The Great Talent Of Imelda May

Definitely not just a pretty face. Would be great to see her & hubby rockin' Oz one day ........

New single/ i-tunes download out today I think - definately in the UK, not the states, not sure about your neck of the woods though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_NkJwFucnM

New CD is now out over here, topped the charts in Ireland. Bought it today but not played it yet - still working my way through the excellent Records CD that arrived yesterday!

Thumbs up Re: The Great Talent Of Imelda May

BEAUTIFUL INDEED...just listened to pyscho,great voice,and reminds me alot of that great 80s band,the B 52`s.sure hope she hits australian and new zealand for tours,woud have a massive following.this is talent you dont forget,even 30 years later...thanks for all the clips and info guys.tezza

Finished listening to it now and she just goes from strength to strength, some amazing stuff on there and the actual quality of the recordings have ramped up again, Decca have done her justice, can't recommend it enough - called Mayhem.

Here is the latest from the movie "wild Target'" great Movee.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxj5wlXY9No

Cheers Bluesybob
    Woke up this morning etc,etc.If it ain't loud it ain't worth playing

the Pogues - Ireland's finest"

Yeh finest PUNK crap ever

Thats an insult to Imelda, and so do the promoters by putting her on the same Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin' Bones View Post
    New CD is now out over here, topped the charts in Ireland. Bought it today but not played it yet - still working my way through the excellent Records CD that arrived yesterday!
    I am going to have to get the cd. I heard there was work on a new cd replication project but didnt know it was done. Gonna check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast Tede View Post
    the Pogues - Ireland's finest"

Yeh finest PUNK crap ever

Thats an insult to Imelda, and so do the promoters by putting her on the same Bill
    OK, to use Rugby terminology Pogues are technically London Irish, so not Ireland's finest at all I conceed.....
    Punk? certainly Shane has his roots in Punk and they came in as part of the Cow Punk boom of the mid eighties but I think they were lumped in with them because there wasn't a convenient pidgeon hole to put them in at the time. Definitely outlived the likes of lash lariot and the longriders, Boothill Foottappers etc......
    Crap? Each to their own. Every type of music and generation is influenced by what came before. Early Elvis sums it up perfectly. I'm part of the post-punk generation - I like authentic stuff and I like modern stuff, punk tinged and all. Don't expect anyone to share my musical tastes or even like it, only to respect that's my choice to make. To quote another purveyer of 'punk crap' - you've got your good thing, and I've got mine......

I don't think i've ever seen Imelda May play what you'd call a rockin' venue around here but I'm sure she must. for the most part they are venues that draw a mixed bunch from the rockin' scene and the Jools Holland crowd, she reminds the masses that there is still a rockin' scene out there but she's not bound by it.

Incidently, for any folks not going out (or it may even be New years day by then for you guys) Jools Holland's Hootenany on BBC2 New years eve has Wanda Jackson on it. Don't know what access to Aunty Beeb is like out there.....

Anyway, Vive le difference and have a Happy New Year