0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Jiving Miss Daisey

Thumbs up to the second of the Sunday arvos at DaiseyÂ’s Hotel. It was great. Dancing to the FlyinÂ’ Saucers and Itchy Fingers at the same session was special pleasure. :P
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

Re:Jiving Miss Daisey

I attended for the first time and yes - it was great!! Two fantastic bands for the price of one. What more can one asks for?

B) B)

The third Sunday session continued to live up to my expectations. This is definitely the Growling Dog reborn. :lol:

Like much of the DaiseyÂ’s crowd I had not been going to many rock gigs on a Sunday anymore, except maybe occasionally to Micawbers or the Bendigo, but DaiseyÂ’s is now my Sunday arvo venue of choice.

( But I would prefer 3:00 to 8:00, 1:00 to 5:00 does swallow a chunk of daylight.)
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

Essex Guest

Daisy’s has my vote too. We have been to each one so far and it hasn’t disappointed us once. I didn’t know the Growling Dog but this is definitely a change to the usual venues. With the two bands there is a different feel each week, attracting a varying crowd. This Sunday with the Black Hill Ramblers a slightly ‘country’ feel.

Also– the $10 meal is good value.

A need to keep the Vicrock website updated with who is playing -there is only one band listed for next week and nothing after that.

Great stuff Lyn and Lou

Chipmunk Guest

Pettycoats ,
    I agree it's a very good venue, it is always great to catch up with friends and have a dance. Congrats to Lyn & Lou there doin a great job

Essex Guest

Icon - they provide water free of charge Their $10 lunch is better than the Waltzy... You get two bands for $10.00 - cheaper than a movie - someone has to make money... :blink:

But I hope it doesn't close...

Essex Guest

Hmmm so you think you're funny? well there is no need to get personal - just because you think I may be short and fat - I suppose you are tall and attractive/good looking..

Essex Guest

Spot on... what more can I say?

Essex Guest

Cheers Laura - behave yourself...

Just so that you know that you are way off base with Essex, I can assure you without a doubt, that she is a "doll".

By the way Essex, further to our chat about the Charity dances, I will try to organise a meeting around mid september after having put the 2004/2005 financials to bed.

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hello Bobbysox,
    The way I see it, as a result of low numbers, the promoters of Daiseys are trying different formulas to ensure this venues’ survival. I know how difficult it can be to find and maintain a level of interest for a new venue as my partner and I have been there. Sometimes it’s not only what you change, it’s how you go about it. You are up against it all the time, even when you find something that’s working, that formula is always fragile. But if you have a good report and working relationship with your partner, venue operators, a head full of ideas, a lot of perseverance without dropping your level of passion, then situations will change for the better. Little Maria is a good example. Hope I haven’t put off any would be promoters coz Melbourne needs all the rock & roll venues it can get as it creates choice and places for bands to work. I do hope Lou & Lynn succeed with Daiseys. I commend them for having a go because the layout of this venue has a great deal going for it and unique to the area. Bobbysox, if you need more info, I suggest you read through ‘Jump & Jive @ Daiseys this Sunday’ also ‘Improving Daiseys’. I believe Detonators are on from 1 to 5.
    Jazza.
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.