01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

+ Reply to Thread

change gonna come!sam cooke.

sam cookes birthdate today,and what a legacy sam left us,change has finally arrived !abrahm lincoln tried to abolish slavery in the 1800s,the civil rights movement in america tried hard to erase racism from society in the 50s and 60s,to no avail,with martin luther king assassinated,malcomx went the same way,but change has come with barack obama signed in as the first black president,of the united states...
    Last edited by tezza; 15-08-2013 at 01:54 AM. Reason: lincoln!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: change gonna come!sam cooke.

I'm amazed that no ones commented on this video, pretty bluddy deep if ya ask me, good find Tezz..

Change has certainly came ....
    If only he was alive today to see it ....

Here is some good reading ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Cooke
    La de da de de, la de da de da!!!

Unhappy Re: change gonna come!sam cooke.

firstly,thank you,frank and gal for the comments and website for sam,i went lookin for my favorite sam cooke hit,(its)another saturday night!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-TX_vKeU3k
    Last edited by tezza; 22-07-2011 at 12:11 AM.

a couple of oldies but goodies..saturday night,and the chain gang!sam cooke.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmZd...eature=related
    Last edited by tezza; 22-07-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks for the posts Tezza.I often relate to memories of the dark past as I call it when I would sit in a dark place and listen to HEAVY rock. Deep Purple ,Iron Butterfly ,West Bruce and Lang ,cream and so on. All good groups and a talented bunch but when ever the parties I used to have back then would go slow I would spin a Sam Cooke record. It seemed everyone there knew the words to every Sam Cooke song. If my memory serves me correct I believe he was shot
    That,ll be the day the music die,s

Smile Re: change gonna come!sam cooke.

ray,i woud feel a bit rude not to answer your query?on sams passing,yes,sam was shot dead by a hooker(prostitute)who claimed sam was roughin her up a bit,not for us to judge?like marvin gaye who was shot dead by his father,a tragic waste of life and talent for both...i must say?we are worlds apart on music tastes tho,we do love original rocknroll artists,but heavy rock?well.deep purple,led zeppelin,acdc,i coud rave all day,but iron butterfly?west bruce?lang?where was i ?never heard of them,iron maiden yes..oh,and cream werent heavy rock or metal,good old 60s rythym n blues,eric clapton,lead guitar, singer.ginger baker,drums,forgot there bass player?no matter...

Yer,worlds apart in tunes taste Tezza.I still like the era of Deep Purple etc but I had a chat with Danny Boyd some time back and asked what music doe,s he listen to. He said that in the car is a CD player that he would listen to,and that he never turns on the radio so he would never hear a modern tune that may stick in his head and push the rock n roll out.I dont listen to the radio either only because every decade brings new music. The 60s,70,s 80s all a little different. Man I,m still finding music from the 40s and 50s I havent heard before . If I have enough time left I,m sure I,ll get to them again,LOL. Now I think Jack Bruce was the Bass player in cream. Good post Tezza,everyone loves Sam Cooke.
    That,ll be the day the music die,s