0 Replies
Top night out ..The...
Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thread: "New" Shadoogie

Smile "New" Shadoogie

Haven’t seen Shadoogie play for a little while, so it was extra incentive for me to check out the band at the Dandy RSL last night particularly with the band’s new line up to include an ex Vincents’ bass player and minus Joe, on the sax.

Arriving at the reception area, it looked sedate enough for a quiet drink or two and even indulging in some deep soul searching reminiscence. How totalling wrong was I - proceeding further, I could hear the faint echo of the band’s rockin’ sound. As I entered the main entertainment room, I could clearly see the joint was fully packed, with standing room only. For a moment, I was tempted to move on to the Nash or somewhere close by for my regular weekend dose of live music and dancing. But I am glad I stayed after-all.

Is the new Shadoogie better? Very subjective of course but I like very much what I heard last night. I reckon Billy, arguably, is one of the best vocals in our R&R live music scene. He never disappoints me and as always injects passion into what he does so well. Lyndon on lead guitar – well, what more can I say of him. The man’s a professional although he tells me in private he’s really no more than your average garage guitarist. Yeah, and pigs fly too, Lyndon.......LOL. And Darryl? Love it when he’s left alone on stage, deserted by rest of the band, bashing on the drum and singing his heart out.

So what could I say about the “new” Shadoogie line up? The good news is their music is as rockin’ as ever albeit more up tempo, perhaps. One could easily be fooled too that Shadoogie has gone slightly “rockabilly”? And the inclusion of the new bass player (sorry, forgot his name) meant new songs in their repertoire although Billy regularly “re-invents” himself with new songs from vintage R&R favourites such as last night’s Chuck Berry – Roll Over Beethoven. Needless to say, the dance floor was putting up “no vacancy” sign all night. I think that in itself is testament to the popularity of the “new” Shadoogie.

I came, I saw and I was conquered by the new Shadoogie’s brand of music. Thanks guys -it was a good night of R&R music and dancing.
    Last edited by Jitterbug; 12-10-2008 at 07:55 PM.

Re: "New" Shadoogie

Hey Bug thanks for the kind words. The addition of Gavin Carroll (X Vincent’s, Lobby Lloyd & colored balls , Big push ect ) on bass has given us a shot in the ass. The band is running as strong as ever contrary to the rumour file. Lost another gig today “ Mornington “ when promoter was told I had left the band, Thank mate!
    Bill.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hmm.. New Shadoogie huh?, is that like a new Hoover ? lllolll Only kidding Good luck to you guys in the Future.. Sounds like tis the season for new line ups..

Thanks very much Jitts, you surely are Rock and Roll's true gentleman.

You really have to be there to pick up the differance between Gavin's "coloured balls" and Bill's "great balls of fire"

What can I say? It is just great to know that every gig will be so much fun right up to when Kerry and I ship off to sunny Merimbula in the New Year.

Cheers,
    Lyndon