0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Huge Thumbs Up for the Jamboree

Congratulations to ARRAS, the Waltzy, the bands, the DJs and everybody else associated with the Good Friday Jamboree that raised $,000s for the Children's Hospital.

(Sure it was my birthday but I did not expect you to go to all that much trouble! :laugh: )

I do not have enough superaltives in my vocabulary to explain how much I enjoyed the whole the thing.

I would have needed to be two of me just see all the bands and to dance with all the people I wanted to catch up with.

There was lots of talk about this being an annual event. I certainly hope it turns out that way.

As Gomer Pyle would say, thank you, thank you, thank you.

:P
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

Re:Huge Thumbs Up for the Jamboree

Massive Thumbs Up also to the sound guys and instrument providers, the sponsors, staff and volunteers who manned the doors.

ARRAS and the Waltzy did a wonderful job putting it together. More than $7,000 was raised for the kids, which is a great effort.

It was a fun gig. It seemed to fly by, one minute I was walking in the door, the next minute it was time to go home! hahaha

Thank you to all the bands who gave so freely their time to give us an event we will be talking about for a long time. :blink:
    You can't handle the truth!

I had a great time - dancing and listening to bands I haven't had the opportunity to hear before and seeing so many familiar faces turning up for a very special charity function. Well done to all who contributed to the running of this event. An annual event? I say Amen to that! Certainly one that rockers can proudly support and show case it to the general community that we care ...........

From all of The speedsters We'd like to thank the organisers of this special event who not only put on such a professional show but did it without any consideration for the time and effort that they must have put in, it was in my opinion a wonderful show of true aussie spirit and I'm sure the Kids will benefit from this very special day, a total of over $7000 was raised.

I hope this will be an ongoing event as kids only have one chance in life and i'ts up to us to show them that we do indeed care, an almighty thumbs up to all of you, especialy my fellow musicians and Dj's who in the last few months of this eventful year have shown to be most careing.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Great job by all concerned, was a fantastic effort and nice to have been involved.

I agree with Silly Fool.
    A HUGE thanks to Bruce (sound man) who out in many hours before and after the gig, all the bands and DJ's who contributed so freely, the door staff and organisers AND all the people who turned up to make this a great night.
    Believe it or not, we're already starting on next years event so if there are any comments or ways in which we can improve it, please let me know.

Thanks to all for the support of our children!!!

Rob

It was a great day Phantom!
    You can't handle the truth!