0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thread: Singer lookin

Singer lookin

Hi. My name is Garry. I am a singer. Iam trying to either join a band or start 1. I sing rockabilly and rock'n'roll but ideally I would like to sing swing. I am a regular dancer, and I can't play any instruments yet, but I am willing to learn. I have jammed in the past with Rockin Daddies, and Cliff was kind enough to let me get up with the band a couple of times to do a few numbers. I don't profess to be anything more than keen. If there is a band out there lookin for a singer, I would really appreciate them letting me jam with them and seeing what they think. If its any help, Wildcat saw me singing with Rockin Daddies at the waltzy, maybe she could let you know what she thought. Well, hope to hear from someone. Garry. B)

Re:Singer lookin

Hi Garry, It's Jimmy. We should Jam on thursday. I'll bring my stuff. Ideally I wanna play swing but with some kind of new ideas or edge. Gotta go. I've only got an hour and i'm looking for old rockabilly and swing charts.

Hi Jimmy. Which Jimmy are you? Sorry, I have been offline with PC probs for a couple of days and missed your post. Would love to jam another day. PM me your phone # and I will give you a call.
    Garry.

HA!!! It's swing Jimmy. Jimmy and Troy Jimmy.
    Anyhow I didn't bring my stuff on thursday cos I was unprepared... probably why i neglected to mention it.
    We better get together and work on some stuff though, It will be awesome. I'm feeling really good about where my playing is heading at the moment.

So, I'll be in touch when I have a spare moment. And I'll bring my 4 track over and we'll see what happens, cool?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

If you are taller and dress better than our lead singer I might have a job for you

lol. Is that an offer? Even if by some miracle you ment it, I don't think I could ever do what Dave does. amazing voice.

Hey Jimmy.

That band I'm tryin out for needs a guitarist too. They have gigs ready and are using a stand in guitarist, and one of them is singin. Will def put a word in 4 ya. Cya at the swing out. Hey yeah, my new range of lounge shirts will be out mid to end of this week. They look mad. Awesome quality. I'll bring some along.
    Garry.