Hi y'all! Just GOTTA say that a fine time was had by all who experienced a hot Autumn night at the Nash. The Prairie Oysters served up a "ballsy" (pardon the pun) night of country rock, country blues & country swing (yes there is such a thing...ask Whem!)
I have to say, coming out of a one-month rock'n roll hibernation that was beyond my control, I couldn't have picked a better night (albeit HOT!) to venture out to the Nash. Even though some of the "fraternity" may have been elsewhere (like Ararat at the "Jailhouse Rock" festival), there was still a sizeable crowd at Dooley's. Good to see a few "young guns & gals" also soaking in the good vibes and shooting some pool. I noticed their game was abandoned mid-stream when the O's did their rendition of "Copperhead Road"...one of my all-time faves too. I missed them playing it last time, so was stoked to see it this time. Their "tried & true" numbers - "Rag top automobile" and "One-woman man" kept the feet tappin. And when they asked for crowd contribution to sing Creedence's "Have you ever seen rain?"...I think we all decided "No!"...we haven't...but we remember what it looked like (hence the hand-actions)
So thanks guys (Yorkie, Lee, Rob & Tony)
And a big thanks to the Monash Pub for making gigs such as these possible (especially for those of us who can't get to "Church" on Sundays...sorry God...)