0 Replies
Aisha Khan (UK) On Tour
Last post by Jitterbug
20-03-2024 08:53 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Our beloved Donna Peacock

These few words were part of an item about the road toll in this morning's Age.

I guess it is our lovely friend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Traffic Statistic.jpg‎
Views:	178
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	1453  
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

It sure is a tragedy when we lose someone we have known over many years, Donna insisted on having fun. And Donna did just that, she loved dancing and the music .The Rock n Roll scene will be the poorer place with her passing RIP Gordon & Jill

Very sad news , as it will sink home when i am looking for donna to dance that really fast furious rockabilly tune or just ask her to move on the floor, tears will flow for a lovely lady , and then some !!! She will be missed greatly. Sympathies to all her family. greg y.

Our deepest sympathy we wish to extend to the family and friends and rock and roll dancing community on the sudden loss of our dearest Donna.

We first met Donna at Just Rock and took her under our wing into our little group of friends. We have the most wonderful memories of her over the years and we will miss her greatly.

Our love to all.

Esther and Wally.

A feeling of great sadness has covered me since hearing of Donna,s
    passing. My condolences to the family and friends. ...Con and Sue.

My Darling Donna,

I haven't stopped crying for 2 days, no amount of tears is going to bring you back.
    The dance floor will never be the same for me, I've lost my best dance partner, we both loved to lead, I always started off and half way through the song you took over, so much fun. You drove me crazy wanting to do girls doubles, wish I'd always said yes.
    When we said goodbye on at Mornington on New Years Day... if only I'd hugged you longer.

My sincerest condonlences to her Mum, Denise, Kylie and family, as long as we live Donna too will live, she is a part of us as long as we remember her.

Lorenza

Sad, sad news the death of our lovely Donna, the lady who put a smile on many faces. The news of her sudden passing has brought back many memories, of the joy that she has brought into peoples lives. There are many on this forum that share the same feelings that we do.
    As I write this I can't hold back the tears, remembering the many slaps I received for doing or saying the wrong thing while dancing or just in conversation.
    I will miss the laughter, hugs and the kiss on the cheek.
    Its hard to hold back the tears when such a vibrant lady has been taken from us all, and knowing that she will be missed by all the people she knew and shared her love with.

Deepest sympathy to her Mum and Family.

jimmy and barb

A black cloud passed over me and made my heart sad and brought tears to my eyes when i found out death has touched one of are own.

Even though i have only known Donna a short while she made my life richer for having met her,She was full of life and vitality,decent human being and much to young to be taken from this world.Next time i am at the ''Church" i will observe moment's silence just to remember Donna's presence there.

Donna will be sadly missed by her Friends and family.

My heart felt condolence to her family.

Bluesybob.
    Woke up this morning etc,etc.If it ain't loud it ain't worth playing

Like So Many Others I Was Devestated To Hear About The Accident
    That Took The Life Of Our Good Friend Donna.
    She Was One Of The Nicest Ladies That You Could Meet - Always Happy And Smiling And Full Of Good Humour.
    I Feel Priveleged To Have Had Her As A Friend.
    My Sincere Condolences To Her Family.

Steven (barney) Mcmillan

Our Sincere condolensces to Family and Friends.

Its hurtful to have a great friend and dance partner taken from us so soon.
    She was always happy to see everyone and devoted her life to helping others and not asking for alot in return. Thank you for the many dances and happy memories we all shared.

With love from the Clendenning Clan.

Donna……

I remember when we met about 12 years ago at Just Rock - we were just learning how to Rock’n’Roll. Yourself, Harvey, and myself (Lynn Smith) became really close friends and the three of us shared lots of special times together which included travelling far and wide discovering many different Rock’n’Roll & Rockabilly venues and bands. We would talk on the phone for hours – trying to decide what venues and bands to check out for the following week.

I really treasured the hours we would chat helping each other through our personal problems especially in the early days, we would just talk and talk feeling blessed that we both had someone special that would listen and be there for support. I also treasure many of the stories that we shared from the past (before our Rock’n’Roll days) ….“girlie” you always had the knack of telling a great story!

Your fun loving personality made an impact on the many people that you met no matter what age. I remember our son Allister telling me that he would love a girlfriend like you, your response was “if only I was a bit younger and "Al" was a bit older - he is such a great kid” and you really meant it!

Donna I will miss you so much – although our dancing passion went in slightly different directions – mine was Rock’n’Roll and yours was Rockabilly we both knew that we would always be there for each other - catching up for a chat & cuddle when our paths met at a dance, a lengthy chat on the phone, or a quick SMS wish for a Birthday, Christmas, New Year or any other special occasion (I still have the SMS you sent me for my divorce – “Thinking of you, have a ball you’re single now!” - (29th September 2000).

We last chatted on the phone on Sunday 30th December 2007…..our last words were “may 2008 be our year”……..words just fail me to think that I will never see you again, never to share anymore times or thoughts together in the future….. my memories of you and times we have shared will be etched in my heart forever………….

Love & miss you Donna

Lynn x

Last night at the Micawber tavern many turned up in memory of our dear Friend Donna.
    Everyone spoke of how Donna had touch each and every one of them with many stories being told.
    I for one have many memories of Donna as she would always talk to me about her Harley and she would tell me every time that we should go for a ride one day.
    Last night Vic decided to sing Oh Donna which we didn't even really know but did off the cuff, and then to watch everyone hugging and crying was just the most beautiful and touching moment i have ever experienced.
    Donna was like part of the furniture at the Micawber Tavern and will be sadly missed by all but never forgotten!!
    Our thought and prayers are with her Family

Straight8s & families

I haven't been on here for ages, but this morning I came here to catch up on news. I find this thread and can't believe what I'm reading. Say it's not true....that's my first thought.

Donna's doubles was a feature of every gig I ever saw her at. So was her smile. I know she loved her bike so to me she died doing what she loved most, riding.
    Sleep peacefully, Donna. You'll always be remembered, always be in my heart and you can never be replaced.

My deepest sympathies go to her family and friends.
    You can't handle the truth!

little maria

BEAUTIFUL DONNA
    YOU HAVE TOUCHED SO MANY PEOPLE AND I WAS LUCKY TO BE ONE OF THEM THE FUN WE HAD AT VENUE 28, REMBRANTS, GROWLING DOG, PETRONI’S AND MANY MORE. YOU WERE SOOO MUCH FUN TO BE WITH . ALL OF US WILL MISS YOU LOTS AND LOTS

SO TRUE TO YOUR NAME MISS PEACOCK
    Very Bright COLOURFUL and MOST BEAUTIFUL
    Always in our hearts

Name:	Picture 1510B.jpg‎
Views:	124
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1454  

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I've only just now had a chance to have a good look at this site and I find myself very saddened by the news of Dona's passing, Life sometimes deals us some pretty lousy cards at times, and this one sure is one of those times. I would like to, on behalf of my self and the Speedsters pass on our deepest sympathy to Dona's family, and may they find comfort in the knowledge that Dona had so many caring friends, and was loved by all.... Frank

I had the previllage of knowing Donna for about 20 years. Many great nights we shared at Rock 'n' Roll Dances, the best ones especially when we went in "Connie" (her car!) I will miss the times with you my freind. My thoughts are with the family at this time. Goodbye Peacock from the Eagle...... Di

I have been at a loss for words to know what to write here or anywhere else.
    Donna, we will miss you terribly...your support, your winks at front stage, your news years resolution to give up saying "fudge"...that lasted 5 secounds!!...you are the only other person I know who can roll her dress up in a bike bag and still not have to iron it....
    Tomorrow will be a bigger day for all of us.
    Last Thursday night before you left you said you'd call if you weren't turning up the following night, still waiting for that call bella....
    Blessings to Pat, Deniese, Larry and families.

Jeannie Lushes & Bad Blues Boys and families.

Unhappy Re: Our beloved Donna Peacock

I didn't know Donna personally, but as a regular Rocker ...
    I attended many Gigs, and watched this Charming Lady on the Dance Floor..

I'm very saddened by this news...my thoughts and love to all her Family and friends. Donna you will be missed by many, but will remain in our hearts forever...
    Joerock from "BeBop59"

Another tribute; the whole front page of the local paper.

Name:	paper S.jpg‎
Views:	111
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1491  
    Rob Ewart

www.VRRDA.org.au

How about if we have no more public tributes. These mentions at gigs are really tearing up some people who were especially close to Donna.

Let's keep it to personal memories and just know that she is still there, but just beyond the edge of vision.
    Rob Ewart

www.VRRDA.org.au