Last post by Rockintones
01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thumbs up NYE @ Georges...A BIG THANKS..

To everyone that came and supported the night on NYE...All I can say is thank you.
    Georges hit a record night with crowds, but most important, it was the atmosphere and simply team effort put together by the not only the Georges Staff, but the people behind the scenes....
    Jo for manning the tickets as they hit the front desk,
    Rob and little Jesse who guided the cars/Rods/Bikes into the carparks,
    The security boys who kept an eye on the crowds,
    Chris and Lauren for the PA and Big George who came to our aid at the wheel.
    Rockin Sue who helped me count the $$ with Jo to ensure all was "in the bag".
    George and Rhonda and the bar staff...you guys are just legends keeping up with the overheated patrons and their quenching thirsts.
    Last but not least, the BANDS...FENDER BENDERS, STRAIGHT 8S, THE BAD BLUES BOYS, AND PRAIRIE OYSTERS...You guys rocked on the night and once again, delivered the goods.
    These bands are not only talented but also awesome people to work with and I appreciate all of you for making the ride smooth sailing.
    We met our budget on the night, but we also managed to make just over $725 in which the bands decided to donate to the AUSSIE HELPERS...this is an organization where kids in our rural areas are effected by the droughts and sadly left without a parent through tragic circumstances, ending in loss through suicide.
    In closing, the opening at Georges to 2008 started with a heartfelt bang and that's what our community spirit is all about!
    Happy New Year to each of you...and once again, thank you for all being you!!
    In Community Spirit,
    Jeannie Lushes xx00xx

Re: NYE @ Georges...A BIG THANKS..

And a big thankyou to you Jeannie,
    Anne & I had a great night helped along with great music and a few sambucca's,

W O W O W O W EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!
    O M G !!!!
    can i see photos.... """yep """ can i ??.. can i.. ??

why wasnt i there to seeeeeee !!!! damn!!!

happy new year J & A.... catch you guys soon
    "Just for the HELL of it"

Thumbs up Re: NYE @ Georges...A BIG THANKS..

Yes it was a great night at George's in Ringwood for New Year's Eve...albeit HOT!!!
    Thankyou to Rhonda, George, the four great bands that played their hearts out as well as helping organise the event and sell tickets, and to all the hard-working bartenders doing their best to keep thirsty patrons happy.
    Thank God for those industrial size fans! I can honestly say I was a "fan hog" that night...dragging hapless partners into position right in front of that cool stream of air! LOL! ...Decided the hairdo didn't matter, but stopping the makeup from completely sliding off certainly did!
    Anyway...Baby Ruth, I think our friend "Whem" may have a few pics he might like to share with Vicrock...BTW thanks for the dances, Wayne!
    It was great to see young and old, rock n roll, rockabilly and country/rock fans all united in spirit and enjoying a night out...and also supporting such a deserving cause - Aussie Helpers. Heavens knows as we've got as lot of summer to go yet the conditions out bush must be extremely tough...
    Thanks Everyone!!
    Devine MsM

It certainly was a great night at Georges and it totally exceeded our expectations. I honestly thought the weather was going to be a factor and it was.. But only in terms of the bar staff's workload!!!

Thanks Jeannie for being the centre of the organisation and running around like mad making sure every detail was in place for the night. You're a legend!

Thanks George and Rhonda and their team for their hospitality and for keeping the bar fridges cold.. LOL..

It was a pleasure as always to be working with the Fenders, "8's" and of course Jeannie and the boys.

A big thank you to the 230+ people who came along and kept the dance floor packed. We had a ball and seeing everyone show up and keep coming despite running out of tickets was just awesome.

Aussie Helpers were delighted to receive the donation. They were stoked to hear that the excess profits after expenses went to a cause and were rapt that all bands agreed that the farmers should get a go.

Thanks to all.. It was certainly a great way end one year and start another.

Tony
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans - J. W. Lennon

Thumbs up Re: NYE @ Georges...A BIG THANKS..

I cant, and will not try to say What a Fab time we all had, I am so glad we went to Georges.God what a hang over...........................Thanks to Billy, gail and tom and also Brian and the rest of you, what a great time....
    Whoever said money cant buy happiness simply didnt know where to go shopping.