0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thread: Bright Atomics

Bright Atomics

Went to the Bright rod run over the weekend with a friend that I,ll call Mr .x . ...Mr. x and I got there friday arvo and made a beeline to the nearest pub. Later that day ,I said to Mr X... everything looks so BRIGHT up here. He called me a dick and handed me my sunnies ... I was surprised at the natural beauty of the town and surrounding mountains.As the day was drawing to an end the place started getting busier than Burke street ,with rods going around and around the main streets . Saturday we found out the main assembly point was the local oval where there was a huge kick arse tent erected. This is where the Atomics mopped up before during and after sets that night. Most of the crowd wet themselves when they came on.... This could be due in part to Cliffs erotic leg movements,while keeping the beat.... Or the sudden small rain storm hitting the place just as they were going on, wetting part of the dance floor. No one cared and we had a great time.We left sunday morning to get down to the Gully to see that other legend band . The Blackhill ramblers. and we were glad we did. .. By the way. Mr .X snores real loud. .

Re: Bright Atomics

icon, great to hear that Mr X and yourself had a great time visiting Bright for the weekend !
    wonderful to see you both there.... and a pleasure to spend dinner with the pair of you on Friday night!!
    I had a hoot on saturday.... most of the day was spend cruisn with my gorgeous occasional sidekick, relaxing, drinking and causing riots.
    beautiful weather most of the weekend.... sunday was hot hot hottttt, by night time, most of the visitors had left to go home.... we partied until monday

Smile Re: Bright Atomics

Beautiful Bright, thats what they say.
    four days of friends, cars, rock n roll and sunshine, it doesnt get much better than that.
    Atomics were great as usual, Cliff got us up on stage again to help him with "rrrrrrronesome train".
    I hear Icon you sang it all the way home? perhaps you should get up on stage next time with us, what do you think?

Endeavour Hills, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Talking Re: Bright Atomics

The Northern Suburbs Street Rodders organised another successful Bright Hotrod run. This year’s headquarters was moved from the caravan park to the football ground where 3 gigantic marquees were erected to cater for the army of entrants. Kroozin’ the main street was non-stop … all weekend.
    The Atomic Hi-Tones & DJ Antony provided entertainment over the weekend. They had a captive audience of around a thousand people on Saturday night and were saturated with exposure. I noticed many VicRockers at Bright … even the ‘Kitten Club’ were at it with their ‘Lonesome Train’ doowops. (see pix)
    The whole weekend is just full on fun with wall to wall Hotrods set amongst a picturesque backdrop. To see the imagination, the hours of work, the high standard and presentation of the rods & custom classic vehicles whilst listening to high-energy Rock & Roll is always a delightful experience.
    The last 4 photos were taken (left to right) from the scoreboard stand in a feeble attempt to capture the sheer size of Sunday’s display. I travelled & shared this trip with first time Bright visitor, Mr Z who was absolutely blown away by the weekend. Mr Z does not snore, but he is entertaining just the same.
    Congratulations NSSR and thankyou for a top weekend.
    NB. Double click on pics to enlarge ... I think??
    Live & let Live, Love & let Love, Rock & let Roll, plus related clichés.

Wink Re: Bright Atomics

Smile Re: Bright Atomics

Lightbulb Re: Bright Atomics

jazz man, great post & photos.
    have you got the photo of all us girls? wouldnt mind a copy of that if you could email it to me ?

Thumbs up Re: Bright Atomics

Hi BlondeCherry, Hotrod.and Mr..x. Great pics... Im still getting my voice back from that grouse weekend. Hotrod. luv to get up with you girls next time you all do lonesome train .You might be interested to know....im starting to take singing lessons from an oriental singing teacher down Sprinvale way who can do rrrrrrrrrrrrronsome train real good.

Icon, thats great to hear,,,,,
    perhaps you should come around one night and rehearse with us???????
    we might have to teach you to get the "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" in rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?
    its not so easy you know.......................................

Re: Bright Atomics

Bright would have to be the prettiest place in Australia. I am yet to see a more beautiful town.
    Every street has massive elm or oak like trees that join together over the roads making each street a green tunnel. Every thing is green. No water shortage there.
    Only a 4 hour drive from Melbourne to Paradise.

We didn't arrive until Saturday afternoon when the activities were in full swing and had been we were told, almost non stop since the previous night.The streets were packed with people in Hot Rods as well as everyone else just there for the fun.

That night the band performed at Pioneer Park which is I think the local footy oval. The organizors had planned for the risk of rain with 3 massive marques and just as well because during the night there was a bit of a flash flood that bucketed down for an hour and then was gone. The marques were filled with people out for a night out. The place was chockas.
    It was a top night.
    At the end of the night we were able to leave all the gear because security kept guard all night. A luxury for a band to not have to pack up.
    The next morning we were back around 9am for breakfast before the band started. The whole place was in full swing with stalls and cars all round.The sun was shining, there was no wind and not a cloud in sight. Bright by name and nature.

After the awards and the band had finished on the Sunday, we went down to the main street to have something to eat and soak up the sunshine. Although by then many were making their way home and the crowd had started to thin, there were still many making the most of the weekend with continual cruising round the streets.
    We ran into the mayor who told us the event injected substantially into the local economy. A desirable situation for any town.

Apparently nearly 800 Hot Rods were officially registered for the event, but many more were brought to town to just be there. That adds up to a lot of bacon sandwiches and Jim Beams.

Next year I'm going Friday.

If you enjoy this type of Hot Rod/Music/Socializing/Rock'n'Roll/Rockabilly mix of entertainment the Eastern Valley Street Rodders are hosting the Traralgon Hot Rod Run in 2 weeks with a Saturday night dance and a big Sunday in the Park plus all the Cruising and Hot Rod activities.
    Watch this space

l