01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thumbs up Miss Top Cat Does Us Proud

Our Miss Top Cat, Ally-Rose Robinson, commenced classes with us just over 15 months ago.
    As many of you that know us, we said she had potential to go a long way with her rock & roll.
    Firstly let me say that Ally only turned 15 on the 25th. of September.
    About three weeks ago she started doing Alley Catz 8 week wonder. She met up with a young man there, Allister Hickey, I hope I have his name right. Last Saturday, the 13th. of October they entered in the Australian South East Championships. Because of Allister's age (20) they had to compete in the adult section, in intermediate. Some of the competitors they where up against, are well known as good dancers. Ally & Allister looked great on the floor. The judges must have thought so too, because they took 1st. place in that division. They started doing lifts only 2 nights before and took second in adult lifts as well. From what we saw Ally did it right, with the flicking of the dress, hand gestures, head up and smiling. Thank you Allister, Jonathan & Alisha for your imput. I would like everyone to know that how very proud of Ally we are and we love her like family. Congratulations to our good griends Rocky & Jo on winning the Over All. I can't elaborate much on the championships, because we left before the end, Which I believe was 2.30am. Sunday morning. Congratulations to everyone concerned with the night, we had a great time. I would have expected someone to forward all the results to Vicrock.

Essex Guest

Re: Miss Top Cat Does Us Proud

That is good news Lou - Congratulations to Ally. I wish we had known about the comps on Vicrock!

I don't suppose there are any pics of Ally and her partner dancing? or even a video? I look forward to seeing them both dancing somewhere soon.

John and Alisha are obviously also doing a fabulous job with their lessons too.

Well done

Brilliant!

The VRRDA competition calendar should be released soon.

The first Saturday in May is the favoured date for the State Championships.

I expect to see a lot more of Al & Al.
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

Thumbs up Re: Miss Top Cat Does Us Proud

I have seen Alley in action when she sometimes attends the Wednesday night dances at Freccia Azzura Club, with her folks, and Lyn, Lou, etc.
    I could sit and watch her dance all night, as she is a delight to behold on the dancefloor.
    Congratulations to Alley and Allister, and to TopCats for promoting and inspiring some "young blood" in rock n roll dancing and swing. Hopefully these "youngsters" will inspire other young people to keep the fire burning...
    Cheers!
    MsM

Goodonya Ally & Allister.Great to hear your both doing so well.I have enjoyed the company of Ally and her family at a few of our gigs.Mum and Dad miust be pretty proud.Its so good to see a family going out together and having fun.Great Family and l,m proud to know them..........Shane..BHR

Gotta say!...........Well done LYN & LOU..As well........{TOP CATS}...Must be pretty proud ,to see someone you have taught do so well..........Shane........

Smile Re: Miss Top Cat Does Us Proud

What a great result for the two young bloods. Now, let’s give credit where credit is due. There are two families to thank here; firstly her true family, her mum and dad for being quality people & raising a responsible quality person. Ali has so much more to offer to the world than just her dancing ability, she is a genuinely nice person.
    Secondly, we need to thank the Rock ‘n’ Roll family for adopting her as their own (which was extremely easy to do). With continual guidance from Lou & Lynette, Kevin & Carol through to Jon & Alisha we have witnessed the growth of that cute little girl, to what will be a superb adult dancer.

I’ve only known Alistair for five minutes, so I can’t say too much, but we kicked it off immediately, what a great guy, and such a cool mover (God he reminds me of me!).

Ally & Alistair, you have done both you families proud!

Love Rocky & Jo

The GRIZZ