01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thumbs up to the Joe Galea Band

Saw the Joe Galea Band for the first time at the Dandy Workers Social Club last Sunday afternoon. Blew my mind away with their brand of Rock & Soul music. Reminded me of the good old days of Motown music - and just fantastic for dancing if you are into both rock & roll and/or jive.

Check them out - they are playing there every Sunday afternoon in July from 1 to 4 pm. B)

Re:Thumbs up to the Joe Galea Band

Thanks for the tip Jitterbug. I think we could make a Sunday afternoon gig, so we\'ll get along this week to enjoy the band.
    Dance like nobody's watching. Love like you've never been hurt

Hi \"Bug\",

The lovely \"Pash\" and I will make every attempt to join you all at the Workers Club this Sunday arvo. However you will have to wait a bit longer to catch up with that tartan skirt babe!!!

The \"Hairy\" half of Aand A.

Hi Hairy - great to hear from you again. Hope you are back to your normal self fighting fit and dancing!

\"Pash\" - must be getting old as my memories not working well. Care to enlighten me on this mysterious lady you are talking about?? B)

Importantly, would I get to dance with her ..... or as you once told me off to ......... get my own or take a number!! :laugh: :laugh:

\"Pash is a new addition to the hairy ones harem !!\" but I\'m sure with the help of your bugsy animal magnatism, that if you ask nicely Pash may find your irresistable charm unavoidable and will not be able to resist a dance with you\" :lol:

Fairer Missy A and A

Hairy - good to catch up last Sunday for the Joe Galea Band gig. And see you dancing again ...... I had a ball jiving and \"lindying\" to the rock & soul music. Hope you and Pash had just as much fun. It\'s on again this Sunday ......... B) B)

Lyndon & Kerry - good to see you two as well. Do you like that sort of music, Lyndon??

Yeh Buggsy, I pretty much like all forms of music except that of the head banging, heart thumping or rap type of crap.

Anything with a good beat, and lyrics that you can hear is even better.
    John Galea certainly belted out some good vocals and the keyboard player was great. I thought the guitarist, although good, was a bit too Country and clean for a blues band and if I am able also to say, they were great to listen to, but a tad loud for the small venue. Almost all great music touches on the the fringes of the blues, but I find that a lot the songs end up sounding the same, with the same layback beat and in particular, when there is only one singer.
    I wouldn\'t go back again, but would suggest that if you like blues and listening to a great, tight band, then you should get along to the Worker\'s Club while they are still there.
    I might add that I reckon it is fantastic that the Dandy Worker\'s Club provides live entertainment of that standard, FREE, on a Sunday afternoon. \"A Big Thumbs Up\" for them.
    By the way Bug, just because you were with a friend on Sunday, that\'s no excuse for not having a dance with Kerry. If you guys keep that up, I might HAVE to go and take dancing lessons. \"Then what?\"

Whoops, sorry Joe, I have known John Galea for so long I keep on getting you mixed up with him, even though he can\'t sing like you. B)

Thanks Lyndon for your critique - always appreciate (and interested in) an honest appraisal from someone who has many years experience and knowledge of the music industry. Yes, I did enjoy the music which was also good for dancing as well.

As Bruce bravely intimated in this forum recently I too stood guilty as charged, your Honour. Sorry Kerry ....... I have a lot of making up to do, haven\'t I. We will have two or three or as many dance as possible next time :blink: :blink:

I too attended the Dandy Workers Club with the intention of just sitting back, relaxing and listening to the Joe Galea Band, but soon the great rhythm and beat had my toes tapping and I was up on my feet with \"Hairy\" joining the others on the dance floor. I noticed that the length of the songs were extended which made them all the more pleasurable.

We still found enough energy to stay for Andy Zammit\'s dance class at the conclusion and enjoyed learning a few new moves. Sometimes it is does you good to get back to basics and refresh all the simple skills and techniques of Rock n\' Roll.

It is great to have such a venue close to home in which to spend these cold, wintery Sunday afternoons. Keep it going!

P.S. It was nice meeting you \"Lyndon\" and \"Bug\" and look forward to catching up with you both at another venue soon and incidentally the \"hairy\" harem is just a figment of his imagination !!

Not too many Jitterbug, Kerry likes to spread her wings and besides, we don\'t want her to get the \"Jitters\" do we? :lol: :lol:
    See ya Friday, or Saturday.