The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Re: Harley Heaven

This fantastic topic, which has kept readers enthralled with Sue's trip and particularly photos, and has led me to an idea.

We have a few members on here who have travelled to the States on more than one occasion and would have a host of fabulous photos that might be of interest to the readers. In particular, Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekender and various hotrod meets. I am thinking particularly of hotrodgirl, penoby, baby ruth and even myself.

Perhaps we could have a forum that was dedicated to photo albums that could be listed by either country, or perhaps event. Or readers who are thinking of visiting somewhere overseas could request if anyone else has been to that country or function and ask for photos.

I know I was desperate to view as many photos as possible before I headed off on my first trip to the States. It really helped to get a feel for the place and showed cars, attractions, clothes, etc.

What do others think?

Currently VicRock has limited web-hosting space for storage of images. That is why there is a limit on the size of files that can be uploaded as attachments to posts and why we use Image Shack for larger pictures.

I am in the process of changing that however. Along with software upgrades there will be more web space made available so that members can have their own photo galleries on VicRock.

These changes may take up to 3 months so in the mean time, besides using Image Shack, you can use the Flickr photo galleries (as used by Little Maria) to which you can link your forum posts. Information on having your own Flickr photo gallery can be found on the bottom of the “About Us” page here: https://vicrock.com.au/index.php?page=about
    ~ Mel ~

I actually meant a link to either flickr or photobucket, rather than Vicrock storing the images. But we need a forum dedicated to photo galleries rather than just a single topic here and there.

Re: Harley Heaven type topics in a new forum?

There is no reason why we can't have a forum for Travel trips and photos. As it's your suggestion Longgonebaby, if you can provide me with a name and description for it I will get it organised.
    ~ Mel ~

Re: Harley Heaven type topics in a new forum?

Let's ask for everyone's suggestions on a name. I thought of 'Rockin' all over the World'. What do others want for a name for this forum?

Talking Re: Harley Heaven type topics in a new forum?

Hey Longgonebaby i like your title for the photo gallery, but i think there is a certain man that we know that might want to call it drinking all over the world even in car washes, what do you reckon. HA! HA! HA!