0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Thumbs up Bippa Bippa Dreams Come True

Mille gracie Flash Gordon for playing the song and thank you to Cheryl for dancing with me.

My one eight Italian soul finally got to Rock & Roll dance to Tarantella. You know how it goes - bippa, bippa, bip, ah, bip! I just knew you could Rock to it.

Dom, I expect Itchy Fingers to play the full song now. Straight after Johnnie B Goode.

It was Wog Night at Little Maria's. The music she chose for the Progressive Cha Cha was diabolical. But all was forgiven when Flash closed the night with the Bippa Bippa song.

This was followed by Zorba's Dance, which I performed with Boom Boom, hoo pah! My almost a son-in-law is a bubble. It must run in the family.

Bono notte tutti Rockers. (See all those years working in Thomastown did not go to waste, you stronzi.)
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

wat my real estate agent said "Location Location!!"

Talking Re: Bippa Bippa Dreams Come True

sound great Rob! I'm glad you got to do the Tarentella, i guess one day i'll have to suprise you ha ha
    Rock'n'roll will stand man - If i'm lying i'm dying

Talking Re: Bippa Bippa Dreams Come True

Yep. For us dancers out there, its always an enjoyable night at Little Marias. Her theme nights are fun. Loved the "Nonna"/peasant outfit Maria was getting around in...if it wasn't for her conspicuous size I wouldn't have known who it was!
    Great music provided by Speedsters and DJ Flash...but I have to agree with you Rob, the Cha cha music...what was that? Eveybody was out of step and skip-skipping to keep up...bit of a laugh though!
    I'm sorry I missed the famous Tarentella. Would have liked to try that out...and I missed the Zorba's dance? Darn!! Double darn!! I was brought up on Zorba's dance cos my mum LOOOOved Anthony Quin...in that film ya know...and we had the soundtrack on vinyl...say no more!
    Anyway don't want to hijack an Italian theme into a Greek one..but the Ethnic in us all had a good time! Bippa bippa? Oh and I was lucky to have danced withMr VRRDA and birthday boy Wayne. Thanks guys!
    Saving myself for Sunday now....even though I would have loved to see those Blue Denim boys at Monash......Mmmm!
    Enjoy this HUGE weekend rockers!!

Re: Bippa Bippa Dreams Come True

Was another TOP night at Lil Maria's..good to see the big numbers return again.
    Great team....Lil Maria, The Speedsters & DJ Flash Gordon