01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Re:Thumbs down to Bruce

Modorator (?) is it? I suppose it is coincidence how you, LilJohnny & Cliver all write the same way?

Ok, here goes. Firstly let me say that I know the Vincents are a good band when they want to be. I used to go to see them all the time at Pitronies and they were good.

Recently I have only seen them play at the Waltzy where there is no Dj to keep us rockers happy during the breaks and that may be problem. The following are facts; they have been witnessed by hundreds of others and nobody has denied that they happened.

I have often seen them dressed for a performance in sloppy casual jeans and T-shirts of varying style and colour. Recently their dress at the Waltzy has improved??

Many times both myself and others have asked them to play the popular line dances during the breaks only to be told \"We donÂ’t do that\" or \"We donÂ’t have the music\". Even when we offered them a cd to play most times we were turned down. Every other band that plays at the Waltzy plays line dance music at some time in the night.

Until recently they did not play good danceable rock and roll music during the breaks. Last time I saw them this had improved somewhat?? Every other band that plays at the Waltzy puts on good rock and roll dance music during the breaks.

The breaks used to be longer than the sets. This has improved recently but when you are spoiled by the likes of Shadoogie and others who play 30 to 40 minutes on and 15 to 20 minutes off you notice the difference (especially if there is no good dance music in between.)

As far as the music is concerned, in my personal opinion, they play far too much Beach boys and Shadows. But thatÂ’s just me.

Finally, I am yet to see any other bands hang out their dirty washing in the form of a loud & bitter argument that I (and many others) witnessed between sets a few months ago. For me that was the straw that broke the camelÂ’s back and started my criticisms here. No matter what disagreement they may have between members, that public outburst was totally unprofessional and inexcusable.

Ok, I have said my piece. For me the subject of the Vincents is closed permanently.

Re:Thumbs down to Bruce

Just before this issue closes, thanks for the plug Bruce and for the record, Shadoogie has a 10 minute break policy and always provides dance music in those breaks, including a progressive and Line dance segment half way through the night just as the DJ\'s do.
    Our aim is always to please and are proud of it.
    Keep on Rockin\'