0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Cool Singer, Double Bass player and drummer for Rock'n'Roll/Swing project

I am looking for a lead singer/acoustic guitarist, double bass player and drummer for a band playing 50's rock'n'roll with a twist of 'swing'. Prefer male singer with strong presence and backing vocal ability for bass player and drummer.

Would also be interested in joining a working and established 50's band as a guitarist.

About me - My name is Jackson (Jack) Moon and I love the 50's era. My gear consists of Gretsch and Fender guitars and pure valve amps. I sing lead and harmonies and arrange backing vocals.

Initially, I'd like to jam with good muso's and singers who respect the era and can authentically reproduce the sounds of the era. The swing element may be slight but it sits in my playing style.

Musically, I am a capable guitarist. Not a name player but capable just the same. Would like to have players or one player with contacts for good local gigs as I have been off the performing scene for a few years.

I am in the south east suburbs and can travel within Melbourne.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Talking Re: Singer, Double Bass player and drummer for Rock'n'Roll/Swing project

Yer Jack but no one plays the squeeze box like you buddy, I know, I saw you play that thing in Noble Park years ago, you Know, you used to play the Tarantella.. Biipa bippa bippa bippa bippa bippa...Hahahahhaa

Re: Singer, Double Bass player and drummer for Rock'n'Roll/Swing project

Hi Cous.

I can hear you play your kit from the other side of town!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

No thats not me I've matured I now am a sensible,.. Nar I'm not lol

Cool Re: Singer, Double Bass player and drummer for Rock'n'Roll/Swing project

Frankie - drummers don't mature... they just forget to stop after the song ends ....

I will send you some new recordings of my R'R favorites after mixing the tracks. Would appreciate any leads on good a singer/acoustic guitarist, double bass player with vocal abilities and drummer.

Let's get together sometime soon and play some R'R tunes. Say hi to Tess and the family and don't forget ya cousin!
    Cheers, JM

Cool Re: Singer, Double Bass player and drummer for Rock'n'Roll/Swing project

This site is great - I am catching up with my music friends and long forgotten acquaintances.
    Many Jack Moon's ago, I played bass in a 50's rock'n'roll band called 'Tina & The Tornadoes' which featured Tina and Barry Woodman, Keyboard and bass voice whiz Andrew King, Vinnie Orlando (drums) and Lachlan Wilson (sax).

Vinnie is playing in a great 70's style band while Andrew King is still performing around Melbourne. Actually, Andrew is currently playing keyboards in the Wanda Jackson tour. Lachlan is running the music department at a well known music college and I believe Tina and Barry are musically retired.

I'd like to hear from any Tina & The Tornadoes fans.

Cheers, Jackson.
    Cheers, JM

Jackson,

Regarding the double bass player you require - I've sent you a PM

Cheers

Matthew