The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thumbs up Re: "Thats what friends are for is a hit!!"

What can I say???
    To everyone who was there on Saturday night all I can say is a huge "THANK YOU".

For some part of the night I just sat at the back watching what was going on before my eyes, and I was humbled by the community spirit that unfolded before me. From the musos, immortals, little helpers, and the patrons that were there..8 & 1/2 hours of full on entertainment that just went on and on, but the unity between all that entered the house of the immortals club is something that will stay with me forever.

This event couldn't have gone ahead without the musos. The night could not have opened better than with the best of harmony sound from the ever talented PRAIRIE OYSTERS, followed on by HARDWIRED, FENDER BENDERS,JOE ROBASSA, LOUIS KING & the LIARS KLUB, DIRTY BOOGIE, "the ever gorgeous ANDREW SISTERS", (it was a real pleasure sharing your stage with you), TOMMY TOBASCO, STRAIGHT 8S, ITCHY FINGERS, ...THE BAD BLUES BOYS, & closing the night couldn't have been better than with the BLACK HILL RAMBLERS...you guys and girls were absolutely awesome & it just could not have been done without you...the universal language is music and you rocked the rooftop!

To the Immortals MCC, for offering the room, to supplying the security, the bar maids and pa system, you are all legends, and regardless of whats been going on out there with the media in the last few weeks, these guys have risen above the rest with their integrity & their community spirit. As musos we will continue to support clubs like yourselves who are only too keen to be united with the rest of the community. You are all legends, especially Bing!!

George & Rhonda who had offered Georges Place Klub in Molan st, Ringwood, & than so graciously gave it up to be held at the Immortals Club so we can cater for the numbers, & to see you there Saturday night and having your Klub closed so you wouldn't miss out goes to show your support in community spirit, we are humbled by your generous offer.

Remy & Shirley for the sound. Magoo for the flyer. Rockin suzie for the raffles and wrist bands.

Ray Tully and John walton who supplied their kits, amps and rigs, we know it was a long night and Ray especially being the Drummers tart on the night and filling in three times, you are just too kool!!

Frank, you were awesome throughout the night and couldn't ask for a better MC. Love you for your professionalism.

Ronny from Nepean Music in Mornington for the donation of the guitar and Rocky for the donation of the mp3. Also, the guitar was won and than the winners, who turned out to be Rocky and his wife, donated the guitar for auction which was sold off, bless you.

To the countless phonecalls and emails, thank you for offering something of you for the night.

Finally, the supporters and community for your support and giving our Chrissy a great night to remember. We all had a top night and couldn't have been done without you...in total about 300 people came through the doors so it was an awesome night all round.

Thanking you all in community spirit.

Cheers,

Jeannie Lushes xx00xx

Smile Re: "Thats what friends are for"

Dear Jeannie
    I was truly Honoured, to be part of this great event, for our beautiful friend Chrissie..
    what a Rockin good time, Thank you I'm proud to have great friends, in our amazing
    circle of Blues/Rock'a'Billy/Rock'n'Roll Legends..
    I also Thank the Immortals for hosting such a day in their amazing Club..

But Most of all you Jeannie, you're the best..

You said it.." Thats what Friends are for"

Joe Robassa xo

Re: "Thats what friends are for"

I must admit there was a warm fuzzy feeling in the room on Saturday night.
    For those who braved the cold and rain to stand in the crowd at the benefit for a special one, witnessed one hell of a night of the cream of Melbourne’s Rock “n“ Roll Bands where there was no ego’s, no headline band, just a generous group of people “doing” what they do best to give back and help someone else.
    To say that after Frank’s and Chrissies speech that there wasn’t a dry eye in the house would be an understatement. The warmth in the room was greater then the giant heater in the centre of the room could generate.
    As ticket sellers wandered the room money for tickets was handed over readily regardless of what was the prize, as the greatest gift was knowing that the money was going to a great cause.
    The hospitality shown by the Immortals MCC was fantastic and very welcoming, to you guys thank you. And what a room if you get a chance to check out the clubrooms for a function do it, its got a great feel about it with plenty of room to move and dance.
    The performance of the bands well !!!! What can be said but they played from the “HEART” the smile on Vic’s face with Chrissie stirring him while he was singing was priceless, the changes between the bands was slick with everyone helping each other to get setup made the night flow so well the dance floor never really slowed down as a never ending change of dances took there turn.
    To the ever-present Jeannie the night was a wonderful success and we hope that for while we can ease the pain and enjoy what has been a moving experience.

It's all been already said in the previous posts, but it truely was a great night, one that all those who participated will remember with fondness.

Great to see Chrissie enjoying herself with her daughter and friends.

Thanks to Jeanie and the other organisers, the bands and the Immortals.
    Dance like nobody's watching. Love like you've never been hurt

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thumbs up Re: "Thats what friends are for"

THAT- My dear friends is what friends are for.....

I’ve been at odds as to what I wanted to say on the Vicrock forum. People often pass over before the reality of there worth is realised, it’s at funerals or wakes we gather to show our appreciation of the person in our lives. Sometimes it’s too late for the ones left ….. for time has gone. Something to think about
    I am humbled, overwhelmed and mostly gracious for the love not only shown to me but to the whole support system, Jeannie you were the one to bring so many people together, you shine with the soul of an ANGEL. To the bands, the word thankyou doesn’t seem enough but I’m sure you all know how I feel…. it’s in the heart. Frank you are a legend my friend, your heart you where on your sleeve.
    Bing and fellow members of the IMMORTALS CLUB there are absolutely no words for me in the dictionary to express my gratitude, your club and members are a credit to you all. “IT ROCKS”. To John Walton who was very sick again thankyou doesn’t sound enough.
    Ronny, Rocky and Suzie hugs and kisses for your donations. To Hotrod Lynne thankyou for holding me together before and during the night, we shared our school days together and now thanks to life’s path we share our older age time together, we may not catch up often but when we do it’s a bonus. Michael thankyou for your love and support, always there always willing to help you are greatly treasured in our lives. To Geoff Wright, a song written by you to me !!!!, I love you my (Cardigan Angel) for those of you that think I spelt incorrectly you are correct. It’s an in joke between us.
    To everyone who came along I’m sure you had a great time, and again a HUGE thankyou. For the kind wishes of love and support please give yourselves a hug.
    Lastly, no words will ever express how I feel about my Brooke, she is an amazing woman, I love her more than words can say, so I won’t lol’s.
    I go back to Misty Mountain Saturday for another program of detox and I will experience more of what I did last time only this time it will be without John and Heather to share it with.
    I will be back in time to get you all up to speed with the next IMMORTALS GIG a reminder for you to put in your gig diary 10th August HANK’S JALPOY DEAMONS from Melbourne and from Perth the ROADMASTERS. First time to Melbourne, Jay from Tornado Allycats other band, this band blew me away when I went to Perth and some of you may have seen them in Wintersun 2006. Hank, Jay and Andy will team up together to form Hank & the Westernairs this trio has only ever been seen in Perth they will knock ya socks off.
    Catch you all again soon
    Chrissie
    PS Thankyou for all the e/mails and text msg I will treasure them for ever