01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies
Aisha Khan (UK) On Tour
Last post by Jitterbug
20-03-2024 08:53 AM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Countdown For Benefit On The Way..17 Days To Go

PEOPLE GET READY TO MARK YOUR DIARIES FOR THE 7TH JULY WHEN OVER TEN BANDS ONCE AGAIN PULL IN TOGETHER TO MARK ANOTHER COMMUNITY BASED INSPIRED NIGHT ..ITS TIME NOW FOR US TO GIVE BACK AND WE'RE DOING IT 'CAUSE WE CAN"!!

OVER TEN OF MELBOURNES BEST BLUES/ROCKABILLY/COUNTRY/SWING AND ROCK N ROLL BANDS WITH SPECIAL GUESTS & WITH THE SUPPORT OF THE IMMORTALS MCC CLUB , PULL IN FORCES IN THE FIGHT TO GIVE ONE OF OUR FAVOURITE MUSIC SUPPORTERS THE BREATH OF COMMUNITY SPIRIT AND AID TOWARDS FURTHER TREATMENT.

PRAIRIE OYSTERS, ITCHY FINGERS, FENDER BENDERS, BLACK HILL RAMBLERS, HARD WIRED,DIRTY BOOGIE, STRAIGHT 8S, TOMMY TOBASCO,LOUIS KING & HIS LIARS KLUB, JUMP DEVILS, JEANNIE LUSHES & the BAD BLUES BOYS & SPECIAL GUESTS!! ..ARE THE AWESOME LINE- UP.

"THATS WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR CHRISSY BENEFIT" WILL BE ON THE 7TH JULY AT THE IMMORTALS MCC CLUB,LONDON DRIVE, BAYSWATER.

DOORS OPEN AT 3PM....FIRST BAND KICKS OFF AT 4.30PM TILL 1AM LAST BAND FINISHES.
    $10 ENTRY FEE.
    CD AND RAFFLES
    GREAT DANCE FLOOR
    inquiries: BING: 0409 147 447
    LUSHES: 0423 299 761
    email: jeannielushes@hotmail.com

"COME & JOIN IN THE FORCE OF COMMUNITY SPIRIT & HAVE FUN DOING IT!!"
    SEE YA THERE!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cartoon1.jpg‎
Views:	109
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	866  

Re: Countdown For Benefit On The Way..17 Days To Go

why the benefit concert. a bit more information would be helpful, is she sick, had a fire - what? we all like to help a worthy cause.

Hello Bree And Thank You For Your Comment

What I Would Appreciate Is That If You Choose To Ask You Can Email To Me Privately Or Better Still Call Me Up And We Can Discuss This Further...but To Make Comments Over Fires Etc I Dont Think Is Appropriate And Lets Not Make This Thread Into A Circus...

My Contact Number Is 0423 299 761 Or You Can Email Me But So Would Prefer To Hear From You......if You Cannot Make The Call Yourself, I Would Be Happy For You To Pass On Your Phone Number And I Can Call You At My Expense.

But To Answer You Lightly, For Anyone Who Understands What Treatment Is All About, ...i Think The Necessary Info Explains It Self..but Please Do Call Me Up...it Would Be Great To Finally Meet With You!!

Thank You Again For Your Support In Community Spirit.

Cheers,

Jeannie Lushes

thank you for the reply. i get your drift but i guess this is an 'in the know' thing and 'friends and close associates only' event. very nice of you all and you are what a a lovely bunch of friends to have.

..Like i said Bree, please call.

AND I DONT REMEMBER WRITING IT UP AS A FRIENDS ONLY EVENT..BUT VERY CLEVER TO THINK SO...

LIKE I SAID, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL, I WOULD LOVE TO FINALLY MEET WITH YOU SINCE YOU SEEM SO INVOLVED IN THIS COMMUNITY OF MUSIC SITES...THAT TO ME MAKES ME THINK YOU ARE A PART OF THE SAME COMMUNITY..

I SHALL WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU

CHEERS,

JEANNIE LUSHES

Part of what friends experience
    is something that people
    who aren't friends can't know.
    It's a code.
    It's another languge

How can you have a charity event and not say in public whats it for? I never heard of such a thing. who is Chrissy any way?

Hello Tommo,

And Thank You For Your Comment...

If You Read The Post You Will See That I Have Put In The Aid Of Treatment.

If You Would Like To Pass Over Your Email Address, When The Time Comes When All The Bands Are Releasing The Flyer, I Will Be Happy To Forward To You One.

You Know Tommo..sometimes We Dont Need To Know All Fine Details But Let Me Assure You...it Will Be A Great Night And You Too Can Call Me Direct And Ill Be Happy To Answer Your Questions...

From Experience And Having Been Involved In Many Support Community Aids, I Have Also Understood That When Briefing Small Adds Like This One , It Is Just About Promoting Upcoming Events...and For Most Of Us Needing Detail Answers Isnt Necessary, But Obiviously For You It Is....so
    Since It Is Important For You To Know Finer Details Please, I Encourage To Call Me And I Will Happy To Chat With You.

Chrissie Is One Of Our Music Supporters And Has Been For Many Years...she Has Helped In Promotions And Charity Events Throughout The Years.
    The Bands And Musicians Have Decided To Give Back What We Have Received In Support...a Very Simple Process.

Once Again, Please Call Me As I Will Happy To Talk To You Or Via Email ...

In Community Spirit,

Jeannie Lushes

Cheers!

It’s a shame that each time a night is put on for a worthy cause a lot of people feel that they have to question the reason for the Benefit.

There are special people that come along in our lives that give without asking, that are there because they want to give, without question or gain, to support all, even while hiding there own pain, without looking for support or pity from the people around them.
    So it’s not unusual that only the people close really now how much this person is appreciated for the support in the pass.
    It’s that person that all the bands have readily agreed to help without even thinking about them selves is regarded so highly that this night will be a small way a chance to give back.
    This benefit was organised by the band collectively for a worthy cause to show support and the personal reasons should not be discussed on an open forum.

Wow

Subject: RE WOW

To The Special One’s,

I am sitting here wondering how to put into words how I feel. You are all so aware I’m never short of having something to say, but this time WOW where do I begin.

The shoe is on the other foot and I must say it feels a bit uncomfortable, to say the least.

Each and every one of you are just too special.

I go about my life being who I am not really thinking about me or focussing on the hurdles I have to face with the things set before me. My health has been a constant battle now for so long it’s just like wearing a jumper, to me it’s normal.

I am humbled and overwhelmed by you all, my heart beats to your tunes. Probably so many times I would have gladly thrown the towel in. But the blessing of your friendship has made me go the extra mile when at times it has all become too much.

To me you......as muso’s have been my healers, my happy place is the time I can enjoy listening to you and being able to dance, to love and laugh with my friends, put the aches and pains away and share some of the best times in my life. I wouldn’t swap one minute of the journey.

I have shed so many tears since Jeannie told me I really wanted to have it stopped or go and hide under a rock. (Funny I can hear you all say yeah Chrissie hide NOT).

Thankyou just doesn’t seem enough and yet I know you all understand in that thankyou there is so much more.

From my SOUL to yours may the light of love always shine brightly upon you?

Chrissie

PS For the ones that don't understand that is OK. You can't walk in someone else's shoes

The thread has been locked just goes to show how small minded people can be. Thank God I still remain open minded.
    Chrissie

This thread was locked for a while because the Moderators were concerned about the direction of some of the posts.

My advice is always - think first before you add your comments.
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

wat my real estate agent said "Location Location!!"

Talking Re: Countdown For Benefit On The Way..17 Days To Go

Look it's really quite simple, Bree, Tommo, i'll be straight and to the point, i hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, but it something like this......

- certain person always goes out of their way to help many others
    - many others think it's time to help certain person
    - certain person doesn't want help,but many others say "TOUGH!" we're gonna help you
    - a special someone amongst many others makes effort to organise with many others event to help out certain person
    - amongst many others are many musicians from many bands,
    -many muso's think "play music,people come, raise funds to help certain person"
    - many others and special someone think good idea!
    - so we have over 10 bands in one night, for 10 dollars, that's under one dollar per band!
    - it's a win win situation!
    - people have fun see lot's of bands, certain person recieves help,
    - and many others and special someone, along with many muso's from many bands get warm fuzzy feeling inside,
    - fine details aren't important, details that matter are: over 10 bands, for 10 bucks, friend gets some well deserved help, simple, i mean it's not a scam or anything......

this is my opinion, thankyou very much.......;-)
    Rock'n'roll will stand man - If i'm lying i'm dying

Thumbs up Re: Countdown For Benefit On The Way..17 Days To Go

Couldn't agree more with ItchyDom...what a great night it will be, and for such a well-deserving recipient. Chrissy, your light shines outa you girl whenever I see you! I'll never forget the first time I saw you really letting fly on the dancefloor...I think it was at the "Green Door" in Dandenong? I just thought "OMG! What style! What legs! How does she dance so smoothly on such high stilettos? LOL! Since then, our paths have crossed at many a gig, and you always have time for a quick catch up and a laugh...
    I won't be able to make it on 7th, babe, cos I will be away from Melbourne...but I DO hope to catch up with you...maybe at Beaches? before I go. You deserve EVERY BIT of praise given by all your friends....cos you are a RNR star who has done nothing but GIVE....even when not well and probably tired out....and we all loves ya!...so enjoy your special night. Better rest up a bit beforehand cos you'll be danced off your feet!
    Ciao Bella!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Wink Re: Countdown For Benefit On The Way..17 Days To Go

Umm well all I can say Chrissie is I'll be there with bells on and I ain't in the rockabilly scene ,from what I hear half of Melb will be there too..
    And Dom your da bomb man, you summed it pretty well my boy. Bippa bippa bippa bippa bippa...