0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Kirrahaven at Wintersun needs you..!

Hello, my name is Jane Wells and I am an activity coordinator here at Kirrahaven Residential Aged Care centre in Kirra on the Gold Coast. Every year we have a Wintersun theme day and unfortunately this year we haven’t been able to get our regular dancers to come. We are sending out emails to interstate clubs to see if any of your members who may be attending Wintersun this year would be interested in putting on a short performance for our residents. Our theme day this year is on Wednesday 6th June, we would love just a couple of dancers to dance to a few songs or about 20 minutes or so from about 10.30am. Our residents have collected about $50 to put towards payment for the dancers. Could you let us know if anyone would be interested? Much appreciated,

Regards,
    Jane Wells
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Winterson_Logo2.gif‎
Views:	97
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	784  
    ~ Mel ~

Talking Re: Kirrahaven at Wintersun needs you..!

There you go President Con!

$50! Sweet, eh?

The Middle Rock Dancing, Social & Benevolent Club can have its first public display for the sun browned seniors on the Coast.

(It will also give TMRDS&BC members a chance to scope the place before they move in next year.)
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

Re: Kirrahaven at Wintersun needs you..!

RobE . Great minds think alike..Im putting that name to a vote at our first meeting. Hi Jane My name is Icon.Im in the middle of forming an exclusive R/R club in Melbourne. We Have limited membership at the moment., namley just me. Im very keen to come to wintersun and im not interested in your $50. If you could just supply me with a return air ticket use of your tour bus and accomadation while im up there would be fine.Im not much of a dancer but I like old people, dont smoke and would be good company at lunch. By the way Jane. What age bracket are you in?

President Con, don't forget it the B in the club name stands for Benevolent.

The TMHRDS&BC could present the $50 from the oldies to poor old Zeke (less expenses of course).

The club could drive down from Wintersun to see him in the senior's centre bus.
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

Jane, like a lot of other R&R dancers in Melbourne Rosie and I visit aged care homes a few times a year and dance to a few songs. (We go along with a Scottish dance group and are the 'light entertainment' between the scottish reels!).

We will be visiting Coolangatta for Wintersun, but we won't be there on 6 June. We arrive late morning on 7 June and will be in Coolangatta till the following Tuesday.

If you don't get anyone else for the 6th we may be able to help out on any of the following days until we leave on Tuesday.

Hope you get someone for the 6th, but if not, you can email me on Steve0047@hotmail.com and we can see what can be arranged.