0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

New Blues Klub @ Georges

Just wondering how the inaugural George's Blues Klub went last Sunday evening. Any reports Chrissie? Jeannie? B)
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Re:New Blues Klub @ Georges

Hi Eeram,
    As Jeannie has asked me to respond to your question, here goes!!!!. Jeannie as a performer has great stage presents she sings from the heart, it is evident in her voice she has finally found her place of belonging in the Blooz scene her voice suits this style; she is backed by some of the best musicians in Mark on guitar Glen on Electric bass Guitar and this week end Glen has introduced the double bass. The horn section is taken care of by Ron and when Ron is unavailable the very talented Joe fills in, Joe being Marks son. Ray Tully is the resident drummer and when Ray is unavailable, excellent stand in drummers are Jason ex drummer from Blackhill Ramblers and the very talented Conner with whom Jeannie and the Boys hooked up with when they played at the fundraiser at the Lavender farm.
    It was my first time at Georges and I must say it was a pleasure being there.
    I was impressed with the venue and was delighted to meet Rhonda and George; they are very welcoming and are really doing a great job to bring all the cross sections of music styles together. A venue to cater to all the music genders well done I feel. I found the drink prices amazingly cheep so the entry fee of $5 is balanced out at the end of the night.
    There was an excellent crowd; I saw many familiar faces and some I have not seen since the Growling dog days. A blast for me (more men to dance with)
    Jeannie & the Boys are really kicking out a great sound these days. The dance floor was full all night which is an indication something is working. The other indication of knowing the crowd is happy is when the night is over and they want more in an anchor. A better compliment you canÂ’t ask for. I was present at all of JeannieÂ’s gigs this week end from Frankston to the Rainbow Fitzroy to Georges Ringwood I even spoke with couples who had seen the band for the first time at the Rainbow and travelled to Ringwood to see them again. To me that says it all.
    I have written this from my angle Eeram, I hope to see you at Georges in the future.
    Rod Paine & Lovers are at Georges this coming Sunday Mr chick magnet himself all good for this venue
    Chrissie
    Rumors are carried by haters, Spread by fools, and accepted by Idiots

Re:New Blues Klub @ Georges

Sounds like it was a great nite Chrissie. Wish I'd been there...especially with all those men to dance with!! (We may have found our solution?)
    I bet there was a bit of "dirty dancin" goin on too? WhoooHooo!
    We are so lucky in Melbourne to have such talented performers like Jeannie and the boys, plus the Many other great bloos bands and musos that shall be lining up to play at Georges. I'll certainly try to get there soon...especially if that chick magnet Rod Paine & the Lovers are playing! I remember having a great night at the Nash when they played there. Sounds like it's great value, great music, and well-done to the organisers to provide yet another course in the Sunday music-scene smorgasboard. See you there soon, girlfriend!!
    :blink: :blink: :blink:
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.