01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

One Size Does Not Fit All

If the dance floor is already busy the quality of the experience for those already dancing and for you & your partner is NOT going to be enhanced by trying to squeeze in.

Wait a bit. Most people do not stay on for more than three songs.

A floor full of competent dancers can cope with a bit of squeezy Bonsai dancing but there was just too much Dodgem-Car dancing going on this last weekend.

hmy:
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

Re:One Size Does Not Fit All

Yeh, thats right Robe. How can any one else squeeze in on to the dance floor when you and Jitterbug are constantly out there. Its getting that us more stylish dancers have no hope of having a go.Talk about doing volume. Im saying, if there is ever a job going for a sheep dog you and Jitterbug should apply. The round up skills that you both demonstrate at these dance venues are outstanding.

Damn! You are a funny bugger, Icon. I still can't wipe the smile off my face reading your reply. I don't call you one of our resident jester for nothing. Possibly, a very serious subject no doubt for us dancers on crowded dance floors but you have managed to put a clever, humorous spin on the subject.

R&R dancers appear to have a lot of goodwill and good humour from what I have seen in recent past. Week in, week out I have witnessed many dancers doing the right thing offering their apologies when inadvertently stepping on someone's foot etc. The last thing I or anyone would want to see is aggro on the dance floor.

Learning and applying a few dance etiquette would go a long way towards all having a good time on the night.

p/s: Show & shine your stylish dancing Icon, please! Your humble dancing buddy shall in future accept and know when to defer in your presence .........

B) B)

Icon...are you saying we are all sheep now?...Noice!
    ...but in all seriousness I think what the boys are saying here is right...a little dance etiquette goes a long way. I'm sure nobody intends to inflict bodily harm on fellow dancers, but it happens. As long as dancers can give a nod or a smile and apologise, the victim of "overenthusiastic dance rage" feels better and no real harm is done (apart from the odd bruise or 3). And as to dance floor crowding...it was just as well there weren't too many on the floor at the time of a spectacular fall at the Nash on Sat night. If it had been crowded, there would have been carnage indeed! Luckily the lady in question fell about laughing (which is my usual reaction too...even if I've really hurt myself...must be embarassment!) And yes, Jitterbug< I do try to improve my dancing...but at my age, its enjoyment rather than competition that motivates me.
    Ciao!

:blink:
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Allen Guest

I have always insisted on having the dance floor to my self, however this is not always the case, so I pick the dances that I know that there will be plenty of room on the floor, thats why I always go to a Flash Back dance, I stay away from Rockin Daddys dances because the bloody floor is always packed. :blink:

Allen I hope that one day you can get a life. What you said about Flashback is not only totally untrue, but if you can't say something nice about somebody then you should shut your big mouth up. Flashback is one of the best rock and roll style bands going around. If they were as bad as you say they are then people like Little Maria etc would not employ them continually. Has your band PQ Rock (or whatever they are called) played in a Melbourne suburb yet? I know you played at Somerville the other week, but isnÂ’t that only a retirement village. Whenever I have seen Flashback play it is not only crowded on the dance floor, but sometimes it is hard to get a seat. As far as your band PQ Rock is concerned, well l don't intend go ever see you play.

Allen Guest

I cant believe what you just said, You have just opened your mouth to a whole lot of lies, and to insinuate that I think Flash Back are not a good band is totally wrong, I think they are a FANTASTIC band and have said so many times over and over, you accuse me of being nasty, when I read your post I nearly had a Dickie Fit.Dont Flash Back normally play at venues that have plenty of room, like little Marias, Hay,hay,? You remind me of a fish, (work it out). God I love this site.
    How come everything people say on this site gets taken the wrong way?

Malapropism deja vu ........ or perhaps Mrs Malaprop revisited?

In any case, all's good & ends well. Sounds like MichaelM and Allen are in agreement that Flashback are fantastic. Hope I haven't caught a dose of Malapropism myself .........
    :laugh: :laugh: B) B)

Dear Allan,
    I thought it was very rude of
    MichaelM.....to say to you, ''Get A Life" I understood what you ment Allan, the floors at the Rockabilly places are a little small compared to Rock And Roll. And for him to can a new band like he did was wrong, You have never done that.
    Re Your dancing, I have seen you dance and may I say wow, you know how to move and shake. :blink:

Whilst the Rockin Daddys do play a lot of venues with smaller floors I have been been to a few of their dances at larger venues and the floor is still generally packed. Tribute to the band I say.
    RobE - when your on the floor I stay off - I look bad enough without being compared to your smooth moves.

Allen Guest

millie wrote:
    Dear Allan,
    I thought it was very rude of
    MichaelM.....to say to you, ''Get A Life" I understood what you ment Allan, the floors at the Rockabilly places are a little small compared to Rock And Roll. And for him to can a new band like he did was wrong, You have never done that.
    Re Your dancing, I have seen you dance and may I say wow, you know how to move and shake. :blink:
    .................................................. ......................................

Well, Millie Thank you so much for those kind words,Its so nice when people say lovely things about you, is it not?
    Just one other point,Millie My Name is spelt with Allen NOT a , do you think you could get it right, thanks.