At a time when several venues have closed their doors, the Dandenong Workers Club continues to provide quality live rock n roll bands and dancing every Friday night. There is also a live band on Saturday nights too. If you want more, you could also dance to DJ Flash or DJ Jeff on Sunday evenings. I have attended the venue since the early 2000's but I am sure it has been operating as a rock n roll venue for many years well before that. It has a decent size dance floor and the cost of drinks at the bar is fairly reasonable. You could also buy a meal before the dance. There is presently a cover charge of $11 which you could use it to buy a main meal discounted by $10. A pretty good deal really.

Last night, the Vincents were the featured band and it was good to catch up with the band again as I haven't seen them play for quite a few years. The Vincents are arguably the longest standing rock n roll band in Melbourne having been in the scene since the early 1980's and is still going strong today. The line up has changed a bit since with the return of Yorkie fronting as the lead vocals backed by Mark on lead guitar and vocals. Robert and Tony were missing from the band and I was told for personal and family reasons. The new additions to the band seem to have brought about a slight change in its songs list as well as adding new vitality to its sound. I enjoyed dancing and listening to the Vincents very much last night.