Sydney band, Toni & the Rhythm Cats, made its second performance tour to Melbourne last weekend. They played in Melbourne earlier this year when DJ Ashley brought the band out to play at the German Club in Windsor.

I first saw the band at Coolangatta's Cooly Rocks On 2 years ago and was impressed with their selection of tunes which are just great for rock n roll dancing. But I have known Toni for quite a number of years dating back to when I attended Bright Rockabilly Festival. Their second visit to Melbourne was arranged by Adrian who had them playing on Friday at the Polish Club in Rowville, Saturday at the Maribyrnong Bowls Club and finally at Eddies Poolroom on Sunday evening which l attended. It was a rockin' sort of night at Eddies Poolroom on Sunday with a huge crowd in attendance. Rockers weren't disappointed with the band and danced all night long. The band also obliged with an encore performance as the dancers just wanted more. From all the reports and feed back I have heard, Melbourne rockers love the band. Lets hope Toni & the Rhythm Cats will be back playing in Melbourne again very soon.

For those of you who may not be aware, Eddies Poolroom has been holding regular rock n roll night every Sunday evening from 7 pm with Melbourne's best rock n roll bands playing for your dancing pleasure. The venue is very popular and if you want a seat, I recommend you contact Adrian to book a table in advance.