For those who may not be aware, there is a new monthly live rocknroll music and dance venue in Hampton Park. It is hosted by the Hampton Park Rockers and I visited the venue for the first time last night. The venue is very impressive with a huge dance floor and those who regularly went to or remember the dances from years past at Little Maria's in Burwood's Whitehorse Club would appreciate dancing on a huge dance floor like in Hampton Park where rockers do not have to fight for premium dance space or, worse still, harbouring the fear of accidentally kicking someone's shin or stepping on toes. Parking is plentiful at Hampton Park and for those travelling a long way or across town, access to this venue is relatively quick and easy on the Monash Freeway or using Eastlink and then turning off into the Gippsland Highway.

The venue is totally BYO and there is dance merchandise for sale like shoes and 1950's style clothing. The dance is well organised with lots of tables and seating for patrons. All money raised from the dance go to local charities so by turning up to dance we are keeping alive and contributing to Melbourne's vibrant rocknroll scene as well we are also doing our little bit to help those who are less fortunate.

Tonight is the Melbourne Cup Eve dance featuring the Rockin' Daddies and quite obviously the band needs no introduction having been a feature in the Melbourne and inter-state (especially Queensland and NSW) dance scenes for many years now. The band plays its own distinctive style of "hard hitting & high octane" rock n roll music and the selection of tunes tonight was just right in my opinion. All the songs were very danceable mixed in with a selection of "slower" tunes where you could do your rockabilly stroll and just dance a little closer with your special friend or love ones. The band was ably supported by DJ Flash who is another music man who needs no introduction in Melbourne.

All in all, it was a great night of rocknroll, and I am very sure all the rockers had a great time dancing the night away. Well done to the Rockin' Daddies and to the Hampton Park Rockers for this new dance venue in Melbourne. The next dance is on 30th November with the Fender Benders playing. Book early with Michael on 0428547500 if you don't want to miss out on another fun night of dancing coming up......