0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread

Wednesday Rock n Roll Nights at Freccia Azzurra Club

The Freccia Azzurra Club located on Springvale Road in Braeside is a rock n roll institution in its own right. I was told the venue was started by Lyndon and his Shadoogie band about 18 years ago after the closure of Pitrone's which was then the go to place in Melbourne for 1950's style bands and dancing. And today, it's still very popular with rockers and rockin' every Wednesday night with a live rock n roll band featuring every fortnight. Rick Charles provides the music for dancing when the band is not on.

The venue has one of the largest dance floors in Melbourne. It serves reasonably priced meals before the dance and also offers a very good bar service. Parking on the premise is also not an issue with plenty of parking spaces on offer.

I haven't been to the venue for many years but have re-visited it dancing rock n roll in the last month. The venue has a good feel and I really enjoyed the music and dancing there.

If you haven't visited it before or have not been back for some time, I highly recommend the venue. It's a great place for mid-week rock n roll dancing on a Wednesday night.

Last edited by Jitterbug; 10-10-2019 at 07:16 AM. Reason: add video