23-02-2024 03:07 PM
0 Replies
The Moonlighters @...
Last post by GJR's
20-02-2024 10:38 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Good Friday Royal Children's Hospital Appeal Dance

As in previous years, rockers from all over Melbourne came together to take part in the Good Friday RCH Appeal. This is a traditional event that has been happening for many years and it's a way for our Rock n Roll community to show we care. It's a great initiative worthy of everyone's support from the organisers to bands, dancers, merchandise stores, hot rods community etc.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the event usually held by Rock'n Suzie at Pakenham but at the same time, others took up the baton to organise new events. This year, in addition to the one held at the Keilor hotel we had DJ Ashley & Leanne organising one at the Chelsea Hts Community Centre with 7 bands and another at Fast Eddies with James Bookman playing which I think was organised by Adrian.

From reports I have heard, the Keilor Hotel gig was as usual very successful with a good turn out of hot rods and classic cars and specialty bikes plus several bands in attendance. I am not sure if there were similar hot rods on the official program for Chelsea Heights but nevertheless there was a good turn out of dancers for the day-night event plus about 7 or 8 bands playing non stop as well as Ashley spinning his disc for those who want to dance more.

Well done everyone! Let's keep supporting the Good Friday Royal children's Appeal, and keep dancing!

Re: Good Friday Royal Children's Hospital Appeal Dance

Any idea how much money the rock n roll community raised for the Children's? I know it was just over $1100 from Eddies event. Any results from Keilor and Chelsea events yet?

Hi Joceb.....don't quote me but I think I have heard that Keilor hotel took in about $30k and Chelsea Heights Community Centre about $3k. Maybe others who definitely know for sure can confirm or correct me.

How great is that! Well done to those who put in a lot of hard work organising events.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
    Hi Joceb.....don't quote me but I think I have heard that Keilor hotel took in about $30k and Chelsea Heights Community Centre about $3k. Maybe others who definitely know for sure can confirm or correct me.
    The Guzzlers/ keilor Hotel Effort took a Record $36,848 for the Royal Children’s Hospital...

Wow that's a fantastic effort!!