01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thumbs up to Pakenham Fund Raiser

A Huge Thumbs up to the oragnisers of the Pakenham/Rockin Susies Childrand's Hospital Fund Raiser,. What a fantastic day. started out with a peeerfect weather day for the Show N Shine for the Custom cars, Rods & Bikes, & well represented. As I see it (& I'm from the nortern suburbs) the whole event ws extremely well organised, presented & supported. I believe that by 11:00pm there had been over 700 people attend, & a take of over $8,000 (annmounced from the stage) & that was without the rattle tins counted in. Not bad for a first time for the team. The whole day was a total donation down the line...all the bands & the DJ..& even the PA system for the bands(thanks Shane/BHR).
    I had a great time seeing bands that I would not normally see...fun..Thanks again to The Rockin' Susires' Team for a BIG DAY OUT
    Clive R
    A Good Dance is worth the time it takes to get there.
    "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Re:Thumbs up to Pakenham Fund Raiser

Agree Cliver- Pakenham was a huge day & night for all concerned and a great fundraiser for the Children's Hospital. All the bands did a great job with more than enough willing hands trying to sort the occasional squeaks and whistles from the PA trying to cope with 12 bands. Great to see a big happy crowd enjoying the cars and dancing and just enjoying good company. I think Chrissie, Shane, Frank on MC duties, James Fenderbender, Dom, Gossy and the Rockin' Suzies folks (sorry if I missed anyone)all deserved a big sleep last night -sorry we couldn't stay to the very end..

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

The words that I'm trying to find have somehow escaped me,what a day/night at Suzie's!.. The crowd just kept pouring in, and mind you all of them had fists full of money that they graciously gave in aid of this very needy and deserved cause.

I was touched by the generosity of the whole Rock"n'Roll community, it didn't matter which side of the fence you came from, this cause bought us all together in a profound way,the Pakenham community and small business gave so much in the way of support to this wonderful event, Suzie managed to get over 50 sponsors to support this day, I know, I had to plug them all day. the show and shine was spectacular to say the least, the SES gave their support in showing off their new Rescue vehicle and allowing children to view and use some equipment, and provided lighting for outdoors at night , the place looked more like the MCG.
    The members of the Victoria Police allowed everyone to crawl over their new SS-V8 pursuit car. the face painter which got very busy during the day and night, and the clothing and memorabilia people were working very hard. Sweet hearts gave 10% of profits to the appeal which was $323.00 Thank you guys.
    A huge thank you to Shane for providing the PA, and expert engineering (who put this ruddy lead in eer ? ahhhhhghhhhh)
    To jimmy, Dom, Snappy, Gossy, and all the stage hands who helped put this show together. and DJ Geof Poole who keeled them,cheers mate.
    A big thank you to John Campbell- Channel 31 who was there all day and filmed the whole shabang, with a little bit of presenting from myself and the wonderful Chrissie, there will be a DVD available within 2 weeks all of the proceeds for this DVD will go the the Children's Hospital appeal also.
    Chrissie who by the way had no organising duties on this day did a marvelous job and worked so hard in making this day work, thanks Chrissie your a gem.

Not forgetting my other family the Musos that gave up everything to be at this event, Gentlemen and Ladies your the first to get knocked, the first to be trod on, and dismissed, but you are the first to assist in any way you can when someone is in need, I'm proud of all of you, you all performed with such professionalism and grace Thank you all.

From all of us that were able to assist on this special day we want to thank everyone who attended and gave so, so generously to this appeal.. a grand total of $8,500 not including the full tins that have to be collected and counted by the appeal organisers, so in light of that, the final figure could be around/close to/or just over $10,000.... A superb effort by all.
    Finally I and all that assisted in some way for the children's Hospital appeal want to thank the most wonderful and special lady , who put her heart and soul behind this event, I speak of Susie and here team, they did it all, and I mean all...
    Thank you so much Melbourne...
    See you next year...

Guys I would like a DVD copy thankyou. Whatever the cost. And I think some interstate bands from QLD / WA may pay a visit and see how a charity event IS RUN!!!!!

Well done Brothers and Sisters.

Dave & Janelle

Firstly I would like to congratulate all the events held for the Good Friday Appeal from what IÂ’ve heard all venues were successful. Wonderful news indeed!!!!!
    For me yesterday I was proud to be apart of the Suzie’s crew. Frank you da man talent plus some. For all the bands I’m sure you know how appreciated you all are, the dance floor is proof of those very happy faces. Gossi hope your drum kit survived the day thankyou very much. Shane thankyou for your devotion, Jimmie the hours over the last few weeks putting the times schedules together and of course the last minute changes, I think we give you the quiet achiever award thankyou for all that you are. DJ Jeff great job you certainly know how to keep the crowd on the dance floor during the breaks thanx mate. David & Sue the team leaders at the door along with their many helpers a great job coping with so many people we love you dearly. The committee of Rockin’ Suzie’s supper team work indeed, Suzie you are a legend girl all those sponcers what can one say but WOW. Wombat your support was greatly appreciated in organising the Hot- Rod section. Thanks Rodders for bringing your cars, also the many bikers present thankyou. Thankyou Liss “cattin around” web site for the promotions.
    Channel 31 Twin Pines Productions John Campbell a HUGE thankyou for filming the whole day both inside and outside. When edited it will be aired on channel 31 I believe in the next 3 weeks or so, now that is something to look forward to. From me thankyou doesnÂ’t really cover how I feel about the generosity shown, you gladly handed over your money for raffle tickets and filling those tins without the people these events would not be as successful.
    I guess if I was to say I had one special comment to make on the day it would be to have been witness to Carmine up on stage with Sammy, Carmine has not played for 10 years in JumpinÂ’ Jive and I must say Carmine you were a knock out.
    I think to sum up Good Friday a great day was had by all.
    Chrissie
    Rumors are carried by haters, Spread by fools, and accepted by Idiots

Great to hear of a very successful RCH gig at Pakenham - more cheers for the hospital and the kids there. Congrats to all concerned for putting in the hard work - the organisers, helpers on the day, bands and the various clubs and services organisations taking part. Would be interesting to view the DVD in due course.

Like to hear how the other RCH gigs at LM and Werribee fared. Anyone got the info?

B) B)