From all reports, another successful year for Kustoms National which ran from Friday to Sunday, 4th - 6th January. It's a longstanding event showcasing kustoms cars & hotrods display along with providing live music entertainment to the general public and dancing. Live performance featuring 2 bands performed at San Remo hotel each night after the daytime cars display. Amongst the bands that played this year were the Atomic Hi Tones, MotoV8ors, Flyin' Saucers and the Detonators.

Beach parties were held at San Remo on Friday & Saturday, and then at Cowes on Sunday. I attended the one at San Remo on Saturday and it was a fantastic event in my opinion. It was also free entry to all. The streets of San Remo were packed with spectators as well as the cars on display. Weather-wise, it was simply stunning with sunny afternoon and gentle cool breezes blowing in from the bay. We were entertained all afternoon by 5 bands including the MotoV8ors, Tijuana Surf, the Detonators and Diddy Reyes & the 59 Rockers. Although there was no dance floor laid down for this purpose, nevertheless dancing wasn't too difficult on the grassy lawn. It was also a family friendly day so many have packed a picnic basket to enjoy the day with family & friends.

If you haven't attended Kustoms National before, i would recommend you give it go next year. Like many of us, bring along a picnic basket and enjoy the day with your family and friends to great music & dancing and of course looking at all those wonderful kustom cars and hotrods on display........