23-02-2024 03:07 PM
0 Replies
The Moonlighters @...
Last post by GJR's
20-02-2024 10:38 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Triple F's Rock n Roll Dance with the Rockin' Tones

A sensational night of 1950's music and rock n roll dancing at Marelle's Triple F dance at the CAV Hall in Wantirna South. A first for me as I have never been to a dance at the CAV Hall nor to FFF's Saturday night dance. Also my first time dancing to the Rockin' Tones, a new Melbourne based 5 piece band, complete with a saxophone and dedicated to providing the best of the classic and Jukebox rock n roll music of the 1950's and 1960's era. I really enjoyed listening & dancing to the band last night belting out those classic & danceable tunes from Dion, Del Shannon, Elvis, Bill Halley & the Comets, Dusty Springfield, the Ventures, Chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran etc plus some swing classics from Bobby Darin. There was also a saxophone solo ( Peter Gunn Theme) which I love especially if you enjoy doing a bit of swing dancing as well. I shall be attending more dances with the Rockin' Tones in future.

The CAV Hall has a large dance floor, big car park and easy access to the venue via Eastlink if you have to travel from a fair distance. I think Marelle has been holding Triple F Saturday night rock n roll dances for a couple of years now as well as a monthly Sunday afternoon dance. I have been away living in Brisbane the last few years so didn't have the opportunity to go to Triple F dances in the past. But I shall be going to her dances a lot more now that I am back in Melbourne.

As in most rock n roll dances, there was line up dancing in between the band's sets or just more music for couple rock n roll dancing. There was raffles and to my pleasant surprise, Triple F provided a very nice supper as well. So if you haven't been to Triple F dances before, I do recommend it if you want a great night of music and dancing.

All in all, a very entertaining night of rock n roll music & dancing. Thanks to Marelle's Triple F and the Rockin' Tones......

Last edited by Jitterbug; 14-10-2018 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Add comments

Re: Triple F's Rock n Roll Dance with the Rockin' Tones

Thankyou Paul,
    nice to see you back!

why cannot I find this dance in the gig guide...

Usually held the 2nd Sat of each month at the CAV.

Hi Joceb, it is a bit confusing we played at the Cav in October.

cheers Joe Breitenfeld.