01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

so this is xmas??

Who invented xmas. Was it the f..kn shop keepers united and Mastercard?? Because Ive just came back from the shops minus $500 . The idea of the..Dont worry about the gift (its the thought that counts) has gone out the window .Its more like how much did my present cost that is used as a gauge of affection nowadays.... If ever I get my hands on santa,s sack... look out. Grrrrr.

Allen Guest

Re:so this is xmas??

:blink: I DID SAY DONT BUY ME ANYTHING.

Essex Guest

Well I will save the Christmas Wishes. Have you been telling this to Santa too? :blink:

[img size=120]http://www.vicrock.com.au/cms/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/boozysanta2.gif[/img]

Allen Guest

how did you you do the Santa bit? (insert)

Icon - I will swap you places anyday..... My week leading up to Christmas has been as follows:-

1. hot water service blew up
    2. dishwasher blew up
    3. daughters car written off...

Now if anyone on this web site can top that I will buy them a bloody beer.....

Shane...i thought i kicked a cat last night...new fuel pump - in tank - for the car plus towing.....but you must have triped over it & broke it's legs....hope the next year will see you in better circumstances.....Cheers fron Clive R & Northside Rock
    A Good Dance is worth the time it takes to get there.
    "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

you could take up some beliefs that exclude this celebration.......no cards, no presents, no fun.......you would save on money, which is amongst the things you are unable to take with you when you go. Enjoy life while you can as there are plenty who are not is such a fotunate position

So this is Christmas Â…Â…Â…and what have I done?

Well, I have done pretty good really so far! The officeÂ’s Tatts syndicate won $178 so I donÂ’t have to fork out yet another $15 contribution for next monthÂ’s entry. The syndicate leader who is blonde and beautiful told me she senses we are on to a big one soon. So watch out the $33M Tatts biggie next week!

My dicky knee is slowly getting there and so no more painful visits to my “torturer” the physiotherapist. My visit to the local GP the other day gave me more Christmas cheer – my high blood pressure is now “under control” which means I only need to take 2 instead of 3 tablets daily. And he teasingly told me I could feast on anything I like on Christmas Day! But just only on Christmas Day, he adds ……..Damn! Some people sure know how to throw a wet blanket on the festive spirit.

And yes, like Icon, there’s always the dreaded issue of SPEND! SPEND! SPEND! The bloody shops are complaining they are not getting enough customers and profits. The workers are complaining they are not getting enough rest and time spent with family. The consumers are complaining of difficulty finding parking at the mega shopping centres. The banks are complaining people are not spending enough and should be using their credit cards more. And of course the Reserve Bank Governor is again warning Australia cannot go on with its borrowing mentality and credit card binge addiction and that Australia is already paying foreign bankers and lenders close to 15 cents for every dollar earned on “every grain of iron ore or wheat or strand of wool” sold overseas.

One final piece of Christmas Cheer for me – received a $600 bill for my CPA membership the other day. But the Boss “got out of the right side of the bed” that morning so, in true Christmas spirit, he lavished his generosity on me and extravagantly ordered the bill charged to the corporate credit card! Phew! Yes, it opens up another hole in Australia’s credit debt binge but at least my bank (which bank?) won’t be hassling me on that one after Christmas …….

So this is Christmas Â…Â…Â…..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry reality check
    Whilst I sympathize for you Shane and Clive, the reality is you can fix all of these unfortunate things that have transpired over this past week. A car can be fix a hot water service replaced as can be a dishwasher. The most important thing in life is your health and family, if you loose these 2 major things they can never be fixed , replaced or put back together. If you have good health and family around you to share Christmas with feel blessed for there are many who donÂ’t have that choice.
    So Merry Christmas to you all stay safe and most of all enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
    :blink: :blink:
    Rumors are carried by haters, Spread by fools, and accepted by Idiots

I am 100 % in agreeance with you Chrissie and looking back I should have written my original posting tounge in cheek because I know how lucky I am with family, friends and health (umm) so you words are well received. I might have to duck around to Jitterbugs office though...just to check the numbers ok Jitterbug ?
    :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey Tggsb - thank you. You are all hearts and I am sure you have concerns only for my high blood pressure numbers .....

By the way, the blondie is "38-24-38". Just think Marilyn Monroe or Jane Mansfield. You got the picture, right? Just don't tell Sue OK?

Tggsb. How many chinamen have you run over. It sounds like... if you didnt have bad luck you,d have no luck at all. Dont worry .Time fixes everything.. Ho. Ho. Jitterbug I've got a great eye for numbers.When can I start at your blondes... err.. I mean at your work.

Hey Tggsb – just ignore that Icon fella cos’ he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. As far as I know, the only “Chinamen” that got hit for 6 were the bad deliveries bowled by Warnie on his off days.

Try “Feng Shui” instead to re-align your wind, water, stars and earth bearings. For a start, try building a little waterfall out the front garden so water ($$$ in Chinese) can start flowing in an unending cycle into your household. Next, you can purchase the biggest mirror you can buy at K-Mart and place that on the front door. In “Feng Shui” this will deflect any evil spirits, bad fortune and even get rid of trouble makers like our Icon.

If all things failed, mate I reckon you better spend your last remaining dollar on the $33m “Tatts biggie” next week ………..good luck!

And now you, my Icon matee – You don’t need to be an Einstein to work that one out because just about everyone knows blondes have more fun! That’s what Marilyn Monroe “fessed up” in an inspired moment. You are telling me now you are good at numbers. Well, I bloody hope so cos’ if you miscalculate and got your sums wrong with a blondie, not even with the help of all the CPA’s in the world can help you dig a hole all the way to China ……….

Jitterbug .. So blondes have more fun you say...I have to agree. My winging friend is having a ball. Between washing and ironing ,cooking and scrubbing the floors and looking after my special needs madam x constantly moans about all the fun she is having. Im thinking I might have to trade her in for a brunette.

Hey Icon – you are not a rich, famous & wrinkly old dude, and she is young, blonde and beautiful by any chance? You are not in a “high risk match up” relationship as reported in the papers today, are you?

I feel sorry for myself that I don’t have the pile of cash that you have but I don’t feel sorry for you as it seems these sorts of unions often start out silly and end up crazy. And why, you asked? It says this type of relationship tends to have lots of insecurity with the old dude usually having sexual problems after fretting over his ability to satisfy a younger partner and the woman is anxious that she’s loved for who she is and what she stands for – and that’s not all about the sex either. Not a good scenario, mate!

Icon matee – good luck to all your gold & silver coins collection. But “Dr Love” here reckons the simple solution for you is not whether she is blonde, brunette or a redhead. An occasional soft whisper to her ears that ……….. “you look beautiful tonight, darling …. can I help you with the dishes tonight?” might just be the cure!

Merry Christmas to you and your young, blonde & beautiful sheila ..........