01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

Closed Thread

Thumbs down....bad attitude

I am disappointed in the attitude of a certain venue operator who leaves a voice mail message on a patrons phone to ban him
    from attending her dance for no "valid" reason.
    Others have been banned in the past due to she doesn't like the way people dance or dress.
    All I can say is grow up......

Re:Thumbs down....bad attitude

I agree 100% good on you

Allen Guest

:dry: Who ever you are talking about, should think twice before they ban someone from the venue.
    You must have a very good reason for banning that person, you just cant go around banning people from venues, there are very serious consequences for this sort of thing, its can cost you a fortune, if not you, the venue operators.

From my experience it would pay to think twice before you
    ban someone.

Pebbles - over the last couple of years I have made the odd comment on here on some matters that have been too open to "who is he talking about" "does he mean that person or does he mean that band" scenario. I have been criticised by others because they believe its unfair on all unless you are more direct as to whom you are talking about - well I will ask the question...who are you talking about ??? If what you say is correct then not only does the person aggrieved get their say but also the "offending party" has the chance to respond.

besides we all like a good CAT fight :laugh: :laugh:

Perhaps before you get on the bandwagon and come to someone's defence, you should find out all the facts and truths. At end of the day truth prevails. By contacting the venue who has banned this person you will get a little more honesty and thus not ending up with egg on your face!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I have no idea who the parties are nor do I care what the issues are, but it seems from an outsiders point of view it does certainly look like sour grapes or a grudge maybe even jealousy.
    As I have said in the past Put up or shut up!. If you have dirt and are willing to get dirty , fine go right ahead, make sure you have all the facts and have proof, but it seems that what we have here is obviously nothing but wasted space!

The course of action you are suggesting Whome is the correct one. Who do I ring to get the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Hence my comment to pebbles - as one great man once said "put up or shut up" is that right Frank? :laugh:

In reply to your question, tip of the day that is if I were a betting person ...gig run every second Friday at the Whitehorse would be a sure thing!!!!

Noel's big enough to fight his own battles.....Isn't that right Little Maria??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Aren't I silly I thought Dip sticks were only found in engines, seems we have them here as well....

Frank, you can change or fix a dip stick in an engine. But the human kind are far more complicated. lol's :P :P :P
    Rumors are carried by haters, Spread by fools, and accepted by Idiots

ahh but is not a dip stick strong yet flexiable - gets down to the good oil and really lets ya know whats going on ?????

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thats not cricket if someone has been banned from somewhere. More people are needed not less.
    Pebbles, its unpleasant Frank and tggsb jumped on you with the put up or shut up line.
    Try banning Franks band. He will lsoon earn to not offend the precious audience members if no one goes to their dances.

Freeway the point is this which by the way may have slipped by your feeble brain, If I'm goin to can someone I will make sure I firstly have all the facts, secondly use my real name and stand by what I had just said.
    Which is more than you have done !!
    I didnt Jump on anyone I just made a point, you obviously have an interest in peebles, which is fine, but Facts mate FACTS>>..
    And while I'm here ban this (__!__)

Freeway - I'm not jumping on anyone - I dont know the parties involved, dont know what the fights about and not interested in getting into a squabble - I just want people who are going to say things to just come out and say it, name names, name venues, name bands - pretty simple. Like Frank said IF YA GUNNA SAY IT GET THE FACTS THEN SAY IT AND STICK TO IT AND USE YOUR NAME. By the way my name is Shane but not the talented guy from BHR.

P.S. Frank - thats a cute (_i_) you have there
    :P

Hey Pebbles, maybe this guy is a really CRAP dancer?
    Either that or he stole a special "Little Maria" move and she dont want no "Lunch Cutting"?

Tell him to go to a diffrent venue, find a new "Clicky Crew", and dance the way he wants to dance.

I say **** em

I,m with Frank and Shane.Either put up or shut up.If you truly are annoyed by something.Put your real name to it,that way people will put some substance to what you say.Otherwise it,s seen as a false rumor.Which, if you have a legit complaint!is the last thing you want.....C,Ya....Shane bhr

Jill Guest

Don't worry Pebbles, no good telling aman about how you feel, they just do not understand.
    The reason Pebbles has come on and said what she said, is because its happened before, and it will happen again, and again. Pebbles just does not like to see people treated this way, its not very nice. Then again some men just don't care, do they?
    Regards the Dip Stick, they are for men that don't know much about cars and how they have changed, you see I always check my oil with my oil gauge, that's what its there for boys.(dip stick)
    :blink:

My take on this subject is that a venue won't ban a person for any old reason. It has to be a serious reason and only after warnings have been given about the behaviour of someone. If those warnings aren't heeded then the ban is put in place.

I'd be looking at the ban-ee, not the ban-er.
    You can't handle the truth!

Allen Guest

Just to add, you are far better to give a written warning, stating the FACTS,

If there are no written warnings and you ban someone you are leaving yourself wide open, they can say what they like .
    P.S. I am not a lawyer, and I know nothing.
    :dry: