Top night out ..The...
Last post by GJR's
01-04-2024 01:08 AM
0 Replies

Random Member Photos

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hesitant to Post

Is it really true that some people feel/now feel uncomfortable to post on Vic Rock?

Please try to explain why?

:unsure:
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

Re:Hesitant to Post

All I want to say is that I agree with what Jazz said....

Who on this planet cares what anyone else thinks or does. The above posting is typical of someone trying to start something, why on earth cant we just say what we like, Rockabilly people are not scared at coming forward and having their say, I love Rock and Roll, Rockabilly???? well, I have been to a few gigs, and I can tell you I have had more fun at them than at the others, Dont hold back Rob E, you keep saying what you want, and dont let anyone try to stop you.I do know that a lot of what is said on this site is repeated by one particular band member, he hates this site, because as he says.....To many Rockabilly people on here, I dont know many so called Rock and Rollers that have computers, thats the biggest problem.

Dont hesitate to post.come on 378 your catching 471.

RobE .I am hesitant about posting here because, Im realy in awe of Jitterbug and Jazza,s and not many others superior use of the queens english. And not only that. Im scared of the bullys that put down sensible comments made here. Thats why I have yet to make any.

Absolutely. I predominately read the posts and over time I have noticed trends in the behaviour members. It is a risk to comment in the forum, especially if an opinion is formed about the contributor.

I'm not scared to post. If I say something that people disagree with feel free to argue.

The problem with any message boards is that they dont get hijacked by people from a certain musical style, or ford lovers, or vegetarians.

They can get taken over by people who say things loud and often. More often that not, theyre not hurting people but without knowing it, they can be intimidating. But that happens in the workplace and in life in general.

So dont hesitate to post. If you get shot at, just fire one back. Time to thicken the skin I think.

I know some posts got a bit down and dirty but the reason I stuck around was because of the colorful debates that went on. As long as we keep it civil and not personal thats all that matters.

I'll close by saying one thing... You dance the same way to RocknRoll, Rockabilly and Country.. So why the hell are we pigeon holing?.. There ya go... Flame me

Thumper
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans - J. W. Lennon

Essex Guest

Hmmm bassthumper - you have personal experience with vegetarians I suppose? they are a wicked lot I have to agree :P

Hey u, ClaudeDeballs! You are a funny fella! You don't sound like someone who would shirk away from a barney ...... but if it's any help, Thomas Jefferson once defended free speech when he said freedom of speech cannot be limited without being lost. Even in the dark Middle Age, it seems the nomadic blood thirsty Khazaks had a rule which says you can cut off a man's head but not his tongue.

So like peanut's Charlie Brown, be encouraged and go forth. Use your pen (or your keyboard?) for it is mightier than the sword ........

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. :blink:

Just remember the rules...
    Personal attacks are prohibited. Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts which are designed to personally berate or insult another. Text of this nature is not beneficial to the community spirit and will not be tolerated.

Let's hope they are not!

Well Millie,
    I am glad you put your two bobs worth in on this topic and even happier for reminding me of how many posts I have made since VicrockÂ’s inception.
    Assuming that you are in fact referring to me having made 378 posts, I congratulate you on your supreme powers of observationÂ….

Having said that, may I also congratulate you for providing us with a prime example of the kind of posting that has in fact deterred many from participating on this site.

And just for the record, IÂ’ll bet you, that I have more Rockabilly and Country songs in my collection, than you would have heard during your wasted time on this earth.

But please, by all means keep up the good work, you may succeed in muttering something profound one day about someone and on a subject that you actually know about.

By the wayÂ…..thatÂ’s 379 and I hope I haven't been too personal.

Well, well lyndon, you show your true colors, I did not mean anything unkind re your postings, You have truly shown what kind of man you are, well, I suppose you treat all women like that do you? I think its called Flaming, what you said to me in your post. Good luck with your dance on the Freeway, stand in the middle of the road.

Essex Guest

Millie - I would think your posts are in breach of the forum rules. Very unhelpful and unnecessary comments.

Jitterbug. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement and hopfully one day I will have the nerve to actualy post something sensible . Meanwhile I will continue to post the usual rubbish and out right bull****...Regards .Claude.De,Balls

Millie,

Your post either intentionally, or un intentionally quotes me as saying that I hate this site.
    If un intentionally, then please forgive me, but if you meant it, then I stand by my posting. Although I take on board Mel's reminder not to get personal, as hard as it might get sometimes not to take the bait.

I agree with your comment that there are probably more younger people that visit forums, than the more mature age groups, but again, to imply that older people are Rock & Roll and younger people are Rockabilly, incites the kind of divisive thinking that we donÂ’t need. It just isnÂ’t true. Unless of course I am considered as still being young. (hee, hee).

And as mentioned by others on this thread, it is all good stuff that all the bands play in our Rock & Roll scene and I don't reckon it should be segregated. Perhaps I could go out on the limb and suggest that because Country Music has itÂ’s own movement and scene, it perhaps doesnÂ’t fit, but given the absence of an equivalent to Vicrock for Country Music, no harm is done.

Oh, and thanks for your kind wishes for Freeway Rock. It really does take a mammoth amount of work, preparation and money to get a regular dance up and running and I would hope that because I have expressed my displeasure about some of the contents of your posting and thrown the stone back, that it not reflect back on something that has taken so much work to create. We aim to provide as broader mix of Rock & Roll music that we can.
    PS. What kind of car will you be in?

Lyndon,
    Congratulations on taking the plunge in to dance promotion. It can be very rewarding and also very trying dealing with the many and varied people involved in making it happen. One cook in the kitchen is all that's needed for a good meal. Enjoy!..ian

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Ahh well I'll just sit here Crack a can and be entertained by all this, I somehow knew this was going happen, whos next? roll up roll up !!

Sorry Frank. I am new here and don't understand what you are trying to say. Could you please be a bit clearer so we can all understand?

I am confused aswell, Whats with ....this is Cliff, but not Cliff, and your posting frank, what on earth is going on here? Maybe its something to do with the older people or what.Like my sister said once........
    Please explain.

Sorry to have confused you Ian, not intended, but some of these threads have a way of getting lost somewhere,and or someone gets bashed because they do not play one form of music or another.
    And as for you millie as someone once said walk mile,
    and then judge, I saw your response to Danny's post and quite frankly your reasoning does not compute, I say again its not about rockabilly or rock n roll its about attitudes, and I think Danny's got enough quality work to cover him till the day he decides he's had enough, and so has Lyndon just quietly, you never hear any of the rock n roll people say and i Quote (if you played rockabilly you'd have more work than you can handle).

Me i love it all and the people who give their life, blood and sweat to entertain you the public. Out...

Frank,

It is quite interesting to reflect of the apprent division. When rock first took the airwaves (it was Stan Rofe who played the first rock n roll record in Melbourne) and was followed by dances in this town there was only one group - they were rockers. Rockabilly was unheard of. The music of Carl Perkins, etc was known as rock n roll. So in those days there was not a division, just thousands of young people enjoying the rising of rock n roll in Melbourne. It would seem that some time later, in the early waves of the rock revival movement the term rockabilly gained a bit of traction here, yet still it was referring to Carl Perkins and then later musicians. What does it matter if there are many segments of interest in the same broad musical form. All parties should work together in the interests of having a good time and enjoying the music

Ian I agree with your comments and your outlook.