Lyne and Lou have been involved in the 1950's music and dance scene for many years now. I may have first met them at Daisey's Hotel in Ringwood when they hosted a "rockabilly" dance gig for a period in time. Later, they formed their own "Topcats" dance school and then combined it with a monthly social dance which has moved last year to a new venue at Menzies Avenue in Nth Dandenong. Lyne and Lou of course have been involved with several Charity gigs as well as taking the lead in a number of outdoor live rock & roll music and dance events hosted by local councils.

Last night was a special, "gold coin" entry event to celebrate a milestone - it has been a year since they first hosted their social rock & roll dance at the Menzies Hall venue. It was also aimed at increasing awareness of the venue especially amongst those who have not been there before. I have to say it was a very successful night for Lyne and Lou as close to, if not over, 300 rockers danced the night away to the Vincents and DJ Flash.

It was my first time to the venue myself and I have to say I was quite imporessed with what I have seen. It is a fairly large hall with a modern feel to it. It can easily fit in over 300 - 400 dancers on the night. The band plays on an elevated stage and the wooden dance floor is probably the biggest in Melbourne on offer. Lots of parking available and the location is quite central for most people coming in from various parts of Melbourne and is well served by Eastlink & Monash freeways and is just off Princess Hwy. As a bonus, there is also a security guard who will accompany, espcially single women, to the car park at the end of the night. The venue is BYO drinks and nibbles.

Well done to Lyne & Lou. It was a wonderful night of 1950's style rock & roll music and dancing to the Vincents and DJ Flash. I certainly hope that those who had turned up for the first time will keep coming back as the Menzies Hall is a very good dance venue. Keep dancing, and support live music and our dance venues......