01-03-2024 01:32 PM
0 Replies
The Uptown Catz @ DJ...
Last post by Joseph Breitenfeld
29-02-2024 06:55 PM
0 Replies

+ Reply to Thread

everyday,buddy holly..

anyone remember this dudes music?rocknroll only embraced buddy holly and the crickets for a year and a half back in 1958 before his tragic death in a plane crash in 1959 with two other legends,i only realized buddys talents when i started dancing rocknroll music,may well have turned out to have been one of the best singer,songwriters of this century,if fate hadnt put them on the flight,waylon jennings swapped seats with the big bopper,and lived.and rare audio of buddy jokin around the music studio,and some iconic footage of the recording gear of that era..r.i.p.buddy and your mates.

Re: everyday,buddy holly..

some action! swing dancing to ritchies lets go!... ritchie valens perished with buddy and the big bopper too in that fateful plane crash.heres a little known song from ritchie,bluebirds over the mountain.ritchie had lots of hits in his short musical career,donna!sleepwalk..im wary of posting certain tunes as alot were covered by los lobos in the film,la bamba!...

Tezza That was GREAT!

thanks shane,much appreciated for your views and obvious respect for three legends lost too soon.good karma too mate with getting another classy bass player for the ramblers..tezza.gee,i love music,just didnt have the patience to be a muso..regrets,coud have been a rock star here in this beautiful city called melbourne.

Thanks Tez. Big Ritchie fan me. Loved the movie "La Bomba".

Sleepwalk was written and recorded by the instrumental duo (brothers) Santo & Johnny (Farina).

The song worked really well in La Bomba for the plane crash over the school scene.
    Rob Ewart
    Victorian Rock'n'Roll Dance Assoc

www.VRRDA.org.au

It's your Association, get involved. Good ideas are always welcome.
    Make sure your R'n'R club or dance school is getting best value.

Good post Tezza .I spare a thought on the 3rd of Feb every year for Buddy. Yep I often wonder what could he have achieved if he were still with us. A great man ,great song writer and singer. I have immortalized Buddy on the back of our rod with a sign THAT,LL BE THE DAY THE MUSIC DIES and to me he is MR rock n roll.
    That,ll be the day the music die,s

hello there rocknray,been awhile since you been on air,lots of us still around,i still find this site more interesting than facebook...thanks too rob,i was aware that track wasnt ritchies,you tube comments! certainly made that clear,now,the big bopper!,real name jp richardson,jimmy or johnny?no matter,heres a bluesy tune,i like,gone away from his big hits like chantilly lace,made famous by the great rock n roll rebel, jerry lee lewis...

Wow, it's been a long, long time since I last heard 'Bluebirds over the Mountain'. I must have been around seventeen as it reminds me of my first love. We were so young then. And I don't care what anyone says, 'Come on, Let's go' was the rock and roll dancing of the fifties! (minus the lifts and jumps of course. We weren't that good.) Just great.

Thanks for the memories Tezza - and if you happen to see this, thank you Kitten, you were so beautiful. xox

graham
    Last edited by cirrus; 09-02-2013 at 12:53 PM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité